Thursday, August 19, 2010

On a Farm Long ago...




Thank you sweet girls for your encouragement! I am really excited about it!

This room has been a work in progress for years it seems...

if you notice in the old picture the bed is only half painted ;)

Well, needless to say one baby later it is done :)

I read some interesting articles on how to create a cozy guest room
and if you ever find yourself creating one these tips might help you too :)

Some tips were ridiculous, but here are the ones I have found to be beneficial

Bed:
make sure it has two soft and two firm pillows
Include a throw for naps

Accessories:
Go Sparingly on decorations (whoops...I usually go overboard here)
Somewhere I read it is much more relaxing for your guest to not be surrounded by junk that only means something to you...makes sense

However...
Do include a clock, ample clothing storage, and some light reading
(I find the light reading quite funny...all of the people that come visit never read with Weston around:)
Just the same, I think it's a nice touch so I picked some out for to go in there

Almost every guest I have ever had has wanted a fan in the room so there is one from me ;)

And here is one from my friend Charlsie.
When I stayed with her while I was expecting Weston she gave me their
 "guest key"
Just in case I wanted to come back early and take a nap or anything...pretty cute huh!
I did that one for sure!

I think that is about it, hopefully you find some of this helpful :)

....

Did you notice the sign...

You all know how I am about the farm...
Cameron's mom bought it for me when I fell in love with it back in Missouri
I want the room to have a country - farmy feel and this was the first piece I had to set the tone :)

Which drove me to this purchase...


I love this little wheat bundle and next to it is my Grandma Verna's childhood Autograph
book


She died when I was in Jr High, but I was always fascinated with it as a girl
So when she passed my parents thought I should have it...
I even signed it once ;)


treasure :)


Moving on...
I really wanted an old fan...
I even found some antiqing with Alicia this spring,
but I was afraid Weston would stick his finger in it...


Solution :)
It looks old, but really isnt! I just love it!



Blake and I's show sign has made a happy home in here :)
Fits right in...
I added the hooks to the back of the door for storing...no closets in this room

....

Well, that is about it! Coming right along

I am still working on...

bedside table
and I have to paint a dresser...that is the big project

All I need is some money and a cool day...hmmm
this may take awhile ;)

Thanks for listening


Love,

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails