On my last post I mentioned I wanted to enjoy cooking more
I hope to really enjoy my time cooking and not slop something together while trying to keep Weston from dragging everything out of the dishwasher and I gotta say last nights taco soup fixin went much smoother
Today, I headed to the book store to get a magazine for a little inspiration
It is called Women that Cook...I think
and then I got to thinking...this magazine is fifteen dollars I wonder how much her cookbook is??
So we hopped on the escalator and went on a search
And before I go on I guess I should explain a little something about Ree, The Pioneer Woman
I am SURE you have heard of her, but if for some strange reason you havent, she has a blog and its wonderful
BUT I will warn you, If you were raised on a farm/ranch you might get a little homesick...I cant read it all that often and as soon as you see the first page you will see why
Anyway...I finally found the cookbook and OH MY... Before I knew it I was hooked in...so hooked in that Weston dumped all his gold fish crackers on the floor and I let him so I could continue to flip through (bad mommy:)
To say the least I bit the bullet and spent a whole weeks allowance(almost) on the thing and I am giddy about it
It really helped that the first two recipes were pico and guacamole...Cam's favs
But it is the picture that did me in
It is simply magnificent! I love everything about it! The layout, recipes all of it! Its just the inspiration I need!
...................................................................................................................
And a couple more things....
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Christmas gifts that I received
The first is a stamped necklace
This is the best I could do for pictures...it is like trying to take a picture of a mirror without being in it...
Anyway...I love it and it is made by a girl in Owensville if you want one for Valentines Day with your sweeties names on it :)
And next up is my new AARON WATSON CD
For all you Missouri Folks, he is a Texas Guy
and if you dont like Texas Swing you wont like him, but I do so naturally I love his new CD Road and the Radio
He is a good man, Christian to be exact and when I opened his new cd this is what i found...
It says:
THANK YOU JESUS
Thank you for blessing me with such supportive fans, friends, and family whose constant encouragement helps keep the wheels on the bus turning. Thank you also for surrounding me such a great staff of musicians, agents and managers. I pray that we not only grow closer as friends, but closer to you as well. More than anything, I pray that you keep us safe while out on the road, while always watching over our families at home. May I forever praise you with everything I say and do. Lord you are my strength, my song and my salvation. In your name we pray.
Great Guy
You can listen to a few of his songs here
and my fav so far on his new cd is Zero to Sixty
Anyway...thought I would share some of my current Happy Things with you :)
And of course, I saved the best for last
Weston, but tell me if you notice anything funny about this picture:
I had to run to the bathroom before puttin him in his bath last night so Cam put him in there for me and few minutes into the bath I realized he forgot to remove one sock :)


That's hilarious! Have fun cooking! : )
ReplyDeleteLOL! I love it :o) Too cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd the cookbook looks great - hope you share some of your new favorite recipes with us!
I have been reading Pioneer Womans' site for almost 6 years. A friend sent it to me and said I think this might have been your life growing up. Although it was on a much larger scale it did make me feel at home. I love reading her blog and I use several of her meals. If you want I can share the ones I have tried. I love the step by step and how she is simple. Love the pics and really love your necklace.
ReplyDeletePS Chocolate PIE is to die for! It is requested at every holiday by my family now.