I have a million things to do, but I miss sharing all of the goodness of our little ones with ya'all so here I am.
We are on the mend here, I have a very scratchy scruffy voice still, but I feel great!
Friday I decided to do something special and fun with Weston. It was a long week for all of us and sometimes I feel like the days slip through my fingers and we dont get any "good" solid, quality time together just he and I.
So we decided to make Valentine decorations :) He was the best helper and we made a big huge fun mess while sister took her morning nap.
He cant use scissors real well yet, so I had to do the cutting, but he loves tape and the buttons so he had fun gluing them to our banners.
He loved when I cut out the hearts and I cut extras and let him "tape" them around the house and stick them to wherever he wanted.
The only problem with letting him decorate is he thinks he can take them down whenever he wants also, so a lot of our "extra" hearts are already gone :)
It was fun. Sometimes I wonder if he enjoys these things, and later that day I got my confirmation. His granny and grandpa sent us a Valentine package and while he was opening it they said something about Valentines Day and he went and grabbed some of the paper hearts we had made :) He understood and put the two together, I was so proud.
So that is it. Our house sweetened up with special banners that he and mommy spent the day making. I am amazed at how long it takes us to accomplish things these days :)
We made Valentines Day cookies and brownies today to take to some friends of ours house tonight. They invited us over for dinner and we were supposed to bring dessert. They have four kids and it was fun to watch Weston, he had a ball :)
I thought I would share my mom's brownie recipe with you guys since sweetie day is just around the corner!
I LOVE her brownies and you really cant beat them. They are a big hit around here and Cam request me to make them all the time :)
They are super easy and I have everything on hand, which is very dangerous :)
Mom's Brownie Recipe:
1/2 Cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 T cocoa
3/4 cup flour
Cream butter and sugar and vanilla. Then, add eggs and cocoa and next, stir in flour.
Bake at 325 degrees 30-35 Minutes
And one more thing before I go...
I know some of you have little ones and like to do little projects with them so I will put the link to how to make the banners at the bottom and I want to share one more little fun thing with you.
In my dad's birthday card I wanted to send a little something extra from Weston.
It is super easy to make and would make a sweet Valentine for grandma's and grandpa's or daddy!
It says: Papa I Love you (front) this much (accordian paper) love Weston (back)
So there you have it, lots of "lovely" things for you to enjoy as Valentines Day approaches!
Have any of you been doing anything special or have anything special planned?
And here is sister being cute in her walker so she doesnt get left out :)
Well, that is it for me! We have a super busy week! A lot going on and of course all the catch up from last week! We are getting ready to make the big trip to Missouri again next weekend and that takes a lot of prep too :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
You can get the directions for the hand cut out at: A day in my life
And both of the banners directions are at: Simple as That :)

Hi Alyssa! I found your blog through Ashley's, and love reading your posts! They are so uplifting and encouraging, and your family is precious! I added it to my list, and just wanted to let you know so you didn't wonder who the random new follower was! :) -Alicia
ReplyDelete