Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our New House (Ideas)




I bet some of you are wondering "When in the world is this girl moving"?

The moving company was supposed to be packing today, but we found out Monday that our new house wasnt ready so we had to push it back a week! SOOOOOOOOO, it is official we are moving next week. They will pack us Tuesday and Wednesday and then unload and arrange furniture Thursday! We are hoping to be settled by the time Monday rolls around, but I have learned the last three years it takes a lot longer to make a house feel like yours and your home than just a weekend, but I am ok with that.

BUT for the first time I am not anxious.

I am excited about our new house, but I am not consumed with it like normal. Our new house has a totally different vibe than any other house we have ever lived in and I think it will be quite cozy. 

It has hardwood. Ring the bells because Calamity Jane will no longer be ringing hers...on our ceramic  tile at least :)

I am really excited to settle into our new home and see how our things "work" in it.

My kitchen is lighter than our past two homes and that I am excited about. We also have a guest bedroom in the house, which will also be fun! The house is older, like my age:) And it feels a lot like the house we lived in when I was a little girl. I love that it has neutral painted walls and it has an actual dining "room" this time which we have never had before!

The past couple of weeks I have been dropping pictures that have strung a cord of inspiration in my head as we prepare to make a new house a home...you wanna see?


photo credit: Jones Design Company

I have a long bar over my sink that looks out into the living room and I thought a little arrangement like this one with my topiary's would be cute on it.


photo credit: feathers in my nest

How cute is this basket full of cookbooks. My kitchen may actually be SMALLER in this house so I most likely wouldn't have room for something like this, but oh how I love this look!



We have another stone fireplace in this house. Except it is much larger and has a lot of grey in it instead of brown. I was thinking of placing my fern in the big opening beings I wont have a sun room in this house and I loved how this one was in an old urn.



I really love those tray baskets. I have started having "learning time" every morning with Weston and Ally and it has blessed my heart so much. I leave our flash cards, crayons and work books out all day just in case they want to do one or the other throughout the day and I would love to find a tray like that to keep it all corralled on the kitchen table. I also love that plant in the basket :)



A room that needs a little lovin' right now is our bedroom. I think some nice big lamps would really look pretty on our dresser.



This photo started the whole inspiration folder. When you walk into our house there is a small hallway and I really would like to replicate this look using one of my benches, our black frames and making a similar shelf. I really love this look.



I love this little desk. The plant in the basket, the wire basket for paper, that white frame. I just love it. Hoping I can still have my little desk for writing. I am sure there is a corner we can tuck it into :)




My childhood dresser will be one of the pieces of furniture that will go in our guest room. The mirror that goes to it was broken in the last move. I was thinking about having it replaced, but I am thinking a cheaper and better alternative would be to put wire behind it like this little frame until we are finished with moving so frequently. 
P.S. I love that old crate :)



The kids rooms are looking pretty good. They don't feel "finished", but I am hoping they will soon. they both are lacking curtains and I was really just wanting to do neutral all along, but I was afraid the color was too similar to the walls in this house, but that isn't the case in our new house. Layla posted these yesterday and said they were from IKEA at just 19.99 a pair, perfect!




I am hoping to give my good 'ol chalkboard from Hobby Lobby a face lift like these. Cover the trim with fabric or paper and add a hanger.


I love Holly's boys playroom. It was my inspiration for Weston's big boy room. I loved the colors and playful vibe. I am hoping to find some chalkboards. I think displaying prints and pictures that way is so clever for a little boy! Anyone have any old chalkboards they don't want? It is hard to find clipboards with those types of clips these days I am finding!


So, that is my plan. I am trying not to focus on "stuff" which I am learning is trap that I fall into quite frequently, but trying to just see some our favorite things in a new light and use them in a new way! It is all very exciting and I can't wait to see what God has in store with our new move!

I will try to keep ya'all updated, but once they get going it all goes pretty fast! Hope to check back 

Oh and PS

Thank you for all your worries and concern for Al. She is a hoot! Her head is much better and you cant even tell she fell anymore! She forget to show you her favorite toy the other day when she got on here:


She LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES this little dirt bike! If she wants to crawl to a new room she puts it in her mouth and scurries on :) She doesnt like to let it out of her sight!


Hugs,
Lyss

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the hallway idea too!!! I want that some day. I love the look of the bench, hooks and shelf with pictures!
    I am so glad that Ally is all better ;o) And tell her I love her favorite toy!
    I love the ideas for your new house and can't wait to see pictures of how you get it all set up.
    I am glad that you are excited too!!!
    Hugs ~Nel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails