Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sometimes....


We like to chew the erasers off mommy's pencils when she isn't around.


And sometimes we like to brush our teeth about five times a day.

And shave with daddies razor, and take the cap off and cut our lip.



And sometimes we like to color doors and walls with pens while mommy talks to granny.


Sometimes we forget which one you stand up for and which one you sit down for.


Sometimes we like to eat paper off the floor...or anything really.



And sometimes we have decided the best way to help mommy do laundry is to just throw it all on the floor...even if it is folded.


To say I have been busy would be an understatement.


I think this is probably the busiest stage my kids have ever been in.

obviously I have to be very present right now in their lives and our everyday around here.

And I have learned even more so that I have to very present in their hearts as well and to make sure mine is present at all times.

It is a challenge and exhausting and quite the dirty work, but I don't want to miss it.

Even though our attitudes are different and hard right now I wouldn't want anyone else tip toeing around them trying to figure out exactly where their hearts are and exactly what they need.

Ally is into everything, and I mean everything.

And Weston is bored.... or something.



I have been trying to do as many fun things with him as possible this week and it helps, but my baby boy is growing up and in much need for a present momma both in body and heart. 
So I apologize for the absence.
 I am not posting our July pictures this month and who knows if I will get to Ally's stats for her ten months post. For now we are just doing today and that is taking all that I am.

It is only Wednesday and we have swam everyday this week. Taken a walk everyday. Went to story time at our new library. Drove our trucks in shaving cream. Spent and afternoon making pizzas with our play-doh for daddy. Painted pictures. Drawn pictures. drew on the floor with markers. Watched our veggie tales movies about five times each. Played outside, played inside. Made milkshakes.

Just about everything I could think of.
Tomorrow I am hoping to take them to a dollar movie.

Thankful for an extended nap so I can check in with all of you.

This week has been full.
I didn't get a shower today and I have decided that we should go out for dinner :)

Hope everyone is well!
Love you all!

xo  
Lyss






2 comments:

  1. Dear Alyssa,
    Bless your heart!! Oh how I can relate to this post.. the boredom, the messes, the potty training, the fatigue. I have a very busy 2 1/2 year old and can relate to much of this post but you have two babies that God has entrusted to you!! What a blessing :o) I admire your creativity and your patience that you talk about, seriously.. I read you blog often and pray for your sweet family every morning during my quiet time. It is so good to have women of God to look up to while we are walking through motherhood together. Think of all the crowns you are earning in Heaven for raising up your children the way God has intended them to be brought up!! Why don't you just sit back and relax today while they are napping?? That might be just what your tired soul needs! You are an encouragement to me..
    Sarah Price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,
      Thank you so much for your kind words :) they mean so much! It is so tiring bring up toddler boys isnt it?!?! We have had a much smoother week and I am thankful for that and using it to remind myself that my hard work and diligence is worth it! I hope you are enjoying your little guy this week and relishing in the blessing of being a mom too! Thanks so much again for your words!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails