Sunday, July 22, 2012

We made it!!

Hello All! I am throwing up my little white flag for a minute today and taking a break to check in with ya'all! The kids are sleeping and Cameron and his new best friend, a thirteen year old neighbor boy are working on getting the garage put together!

We have worked SO HARD the past few days, so hard! The kids have done great, the house is put together and things have all together went very smooth! We love our new house, like just tickled with it and as soon as I get a bit more time I will give ya'all a little tour!

As for now I thought I would share a bit of how our move went with you all!... it always amazes me....

Here is what you would have seen when you walked into our house at 10:30 on Tuesday morning...pretty normal :)


The movers showed up about ten minutes after I took this pic and by 3:30 they were done and we sat around and stared at each other until we decided that was going to drive us nuts and we went to get ice cream.


With the exception of our furniture and big wall pieces. They wrapped them up and loaded them Thursday.


That night we loaded up and took one last drive to our favorite little Mexican restaurant a few minutes away with our beloved neighbors. Telling them bye was by far the hardest thing we did during this move.


And then, on Wednesday those poor moving guys walked or trudged up our mountain of a driveway and loaded our "home" into two trucks.


They finished right as it began to rain and my friend Abby brought us the best homemade bread I have ever had, as well as Weston :) I think he ate half of the loaf.

We walked over to our neighbors one last time and visited and then headed to our new place.

It was a gorgeous drive, I mean gorgeous. The rain had cooled the air. The baby slept and Weston watched Sandlot with no sound and I soaked it all in while the heater in my car seat worked as my relief to my sore back.

We got to the new house just time to run around on the wide open floors and take baths and settle into the camper and wait for our things to arrive the next morning.

The next day I scrubbed our new house down while we waited for the movers. It always works much better to place everything on a clean surface instead of trying to clean around it later.

And we have unpacked, unpacked and unpacked for days now and feel like two or four of some of the most blessed people around. All of our new neighbors have come over to say hi and are wonderful. Our house has soft water and wood floors which we are tickled about :)

God has blessed this place so much for us. Our fears are gone. He has taken care of every detail right down to sending rain so our grass greened up :) He does love us so well doesn't he?

As for the kids...they have done WONDERFUL and I don't know what we would have done without the camper. It has been a lifesaver for naps and meals and things like that while they were loading the house.

Weston has been John Deere man lately. Tractors are his thing. So, last Monday I surprised him and we went to the John Deere Store by our house. It was by far one of the best moments I have had with him in a long time. How can you bottle up such excitement? You can't. You just let them run from toy to toy squealing and making all sorts of motor noises :) I let him pick out a toy. My whole plan was to have a special treat for him to open at the new house. He could have cared less, we could have walked out with nothing, the visit was enough for him. that and the little pamphlet the lady gave him that he scours through and picks out his favorites for long periods of time :)

He also decided to start asking "Why" for everything :)


And dont you worry about sis, she has been finding plenty to do:



Smile.

For some reason she and Weston decided to switch booster seats while dining in the camper this past week...
I was sitting on the steps letting her finish her pancakes while keeping an eye on Weston Wednesday and couldn't help but hurt a little at how big she looked when I turned around and saw her. So naturally  I took a picture :)




And that is all I got for ya. No pics after that, been working too hard, but it really has paid off. Cant wait to check back in soon!


Hope all is well!

xo
Lyss






2 comments:

  1. I cried reading your post.
    I am so happy for you guys!!
    And it hurts me too that our babies are growing up so much so fast...
    I love the picture of the toilet paper :o) My Abby used to do that all the time.
    Love all the pics and thanks for sharing about your move.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Nel! Love you so much! Sorry to have made you cry...lots of growing up going on these days huh :( Hope all is well! I feel like it has been way too long since we chatted!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails