Friday, January 28, 2011

A village...

 It has been a hard week. Weston has been battling a bad cold and it has had me on pins and needles trying to ward it off from turning into anything worse. For some reason yesterday he couldnt settle into his afternoon nap and was miserable and so, therefore so was I. I exhausted myself trying everything, even a drive on our favorite road in the sunshine. It helped his spirit, but did not make him fall asleep. So, he didnt get a nap, but we made it through. Cameron worked late Wednesday night and thankfully last night was not a repeat. I made sure and got Weston to bed before his normal bedtime to make sure he didnt get too tired and have a terrible bath time and bedtime routine. He went right to sleep and I took a shower. And in the shower I got to thinking of the concept "It takes a Village".

Last time we were home (as in Missouri) my mom explained the concept "It takes a village" to me.
Have you heard of it...you know, the one where they say it takes a village to raise a child?
She said it doesnt take just moms and dads, but grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, friends, sunday school teachers, school teachers, coaches, etc. you get the idea.

Well, lets be honest here typically I am usually the only present member of Weston's village, with the exception of daddy who gets to be present for 1-3 hours of Weston's day.

But, in the shower I realized something. Weston's village is very different from most ordinary kids and especially different from the ones Cameron and I had growing up. We were surrounded by our village everyday. But in a lot of ways Weston's village is so much stronger and much more faithful.

On our hardest days God's Grace swoops in and saves us. EVERY TIME. And I when I dont have the strength to pray I know that there is a village in Missouri praying for us. Our family has been so supportive since the moment we found out we were pregnant with Weston. Immediately after finding out he was coming we began receiving packages, cards and words of love and congratulations.

We have the best Village. Even though you arent here physically each and everyday. You are here with us in heart every step of the way. You encourage and love us in ways that you probably dont even realize at times, but please know that we always always love you and appreciate you. You are playing a big part in the raising of our family and nurturing our loved ones.

So thank you.

Thank you for every kind word. Every hug. Every gift. Every visit. Every card. Every email. Every meal. Every prayer.

Thank you for loving us everytime we come back to Missouri like we never left. On days I feel most alone I am comforted by the fact that I know without a doubt we have an army of the sweetest people back in Missouri who love and care for us in the biggest way.

You probably dont even know that you do it because that is what love does. We just do it because it is our heart, but just the same we appreciate it.

Thank you for being a part of Weston's village. He is a very special little boy and having some of the greatest people I know love him and be apart of his journey is the biggest gift a mother could ask for.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails