A few weeks ago some of you left very sweet comments on a post of mine. While I have tried to contact some of you there is one in particular that I havent been able to reach.
I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your sweet words and for checking in here from time to time.
When I started this blog my intentions were all over the place. I wanted to do everything and over the past year it has simply became my place to share my heart. I am still a bit all over the place, but I cant tell you how much of a blessing this blog has been to me while I journey through staying home with our kids and being a mom.
It is such a gift to get to do so (stay home that is), but it brings along its own set of struggles and obstacles. In raising children I have learned that no matter what, it is never easy. You think you get them sleeping through the night and it is smooth sailing and the they learn some independence and how to climb up on a table to the couch :)
I am thankful to have this blog to look back and see where my heart was at different times in my life, to see how much Weston has grown and hopefully to remind me of the best time of my life.
For example this past weekend Weston watched Cameron mow the grass from inside for a bit (mean mommy made him come in take a nap)
And I was reminded of this picture. And comparing the two just blows me away. I am reminded of how fast time gos and simply how fast Weston is growing up. I am reminded to savor these simple days because they are fleeting.
Everything from this blog has been an unexpected gift, especially my readers. I cannot tell you how encouraging some of you have been. There have been times when I thought about quitting it all together and someone always speaks up and says how much the enjoy it.
Sometimes it is hard to put your heart on the line, trust me I know. But I always figure if sharing my struggles and what I learn could help some other mother along the way than putting myself out there is worth it. So, thanks for putting yourself out there as well and always accepting me when I do the same.
We are all just people, we are all in this together and we should without a doubt encourage one another.
And that is exactly what you did for me and surprisingly I guess I have done for you too.
So, with that being said I want to say thank you and I also wanted to share some highlights from our weekend with you.
I had a million things I wanted to get done and few of them did. BUT I did get Cameron's hair cut and make my family a wonderful dinner Saturday night. I was thankful to be together again. I decided to try a new recipe and while I was making it I guess you could say I really "got into it".
It was a new salad. All of the fresh ingredients looked so beautiful I couldnt help but take pictures along the way (naptime was going down obviously:).
So, here is our salad and a few bits from our dinner. After putting the salad together I was compeltely compelled to set a pretty table and just enjoy the evening.
That is exactly what we did. We had the perfect summer meal and then weswam for hours until the dark brought us in.
(I used my great grandma's tablecloth and loved how the blue jars looked with it:)
It was a great weekend. And I am so thankful I have this place to document it. I hope you enjoy this little peek into our life as well as my heart.
Happy week everyone!

You always make to prettiest meals! And I love that you set your table all pretty too - how lucky Cameron is to have you ;o)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for your picture post tomorrow!!!
Miss you already!!!
~Nel