I remember this evening as if it was just last night. My heart was dancing and I was so excited about our news. I made a special dinner to celebrate. We called our parents, your grandparents and one of your great grandma's just happened to call and I couldn't hold back the news, she squealed when I told her.
It was one of the most exciting days of my life and I will never forget it. I know it doesn't compare to how exciting the day will be when I meet you in person, but just the same, everyday with you so far has been a treasure and a gift.
Before bed that night I sat down and wrote both you and your brother a letter and someday, I will give them to you for you to have and keep, but for now I will put it one here and who knows maybe someday you can read it one here, but I am sure technology will long pass up this system by then.
So here it is, your first letter.
January 3, 2011
Dear Baby Schweiss,
I have been praying and anticipating the news of your arrivall for awhile now.
Truth be told my heart has been waiting and my hands have been busy preparing and today the news finally came.
You are coming.
We are all so delighted about your arrival and absolutely cannot wait to meet you. The first thing we did was call your grandma's and tell them. Just so you know, you are a big deal :)
I made a special dinner tonight to celebrate your news! We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. I made a cherry pie for dessert and spent most of the day day-dreaming about our next few months. I love you a million times to the moon and back already. I wonder what we will name you and just exactly what day you plan to make your debut. Any day is fine with me. God knows when the best birthdays are.
You have a very special person waiting for you.
It is your big brother Weston. He is a very sweet boy and will teach you lots of things I am sure, some good, some bad :)
Your daddy is a wonderful man and I know he will love and adore you.
I feel so incredibly blessed for God to gift us with another child, let alone you.
No doubt you are special and wonderful in every way. I am honored and truly touched to be your mother.
Love,
Momma
I cried as I re-wrote this to you. They were happy tears. When I think of my family and children my heart becomes overwhelmed and the tears just spill. I cant help it. Someday you will get to be a momma too and your heart will understand.
This has been the best summer of my life caring for you and your brother and I cant wait for the years to come of raising you and loving on you. There will be more letters and more special nights, but there will always be something amazing about that first night I heard of you.
See you very very soon baby girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment