Double ear infection.
That is what the doctor told me this morning when I took Weston in.
But I already knew, deep down I knew.
That is why I called yesterday when he still had his fever after his afternoon nap.
He has never been sick like this before, it is his first time to be on antibiotics.
I find myself so thankful.
Thankful for doctors, antibiotics and all the medicines that have kept him comfortable until now.
Some moms dont get to bring their babies home from the doctors.
Some moms dont have health insurance so they cant take them to the doctor.
Some moms dont even have tylenol.
I am thankful I do.
I am thankful for him and for HIM who ultimately answers my prayers.
While waiting to pick up his prescription we bought some groceries and flowers.
Yes, flowers.
I am not going to get to go to bible study tomorrow or anywhere else this week so I thought I would buy some flowers to keep me busy while those sweet babes nap.
Except today he didnt want to nap.
I had him all set up to get a good afternoon's rest, but after an hour he was done.
It was beautiful outside today.
I told myself I wouldnt let him play outside until he was better, but I just couldnt tell him no.
He requested a bowl of fruity pebbles for snack (his new fav)
And when I filled his bowl he insisted I have one too...
And then he insisted we eat it on the deck, so we did.
But I made him wear his cap, to protect his ears...maybe dumb, but it made me feel better...there was a breeze, dont judge ;)
This is his favorite shirt by the way. It is ten years old, a hand-me-down from my nephew Bailey and Weston absolutely loves it. Everday I ask him what he wants to wear and lay out a few different shirts with deer, motorcycles what have you and he always asks for "ON DEER" even if it isnt clean :)
I always use naptime as a time to re-charge.
Mommy is full time job and I use the quiet time to regroup before the nights long list of duties begins.
I dont do anything special. I usually work on dinner or fold laundry or clean, it is time I know I need for my mind and spirit.
Weston has always been a good napper and Ally is getting there.
Now that I have two I see I need it even more than before.
But somedays I dont get that quiet time to regroup.
The first couple of times I didnt get it I would get frustrated, but now I see it as a time to get some really great one on one time with the sweet one that wants to be awake.
To savor them, individually.
To let them pick the games or books.
To let them know they are special and soak up their smiles, sounds and even runny noses in our case lately.
Weston got busy playing in the yard so I started sprucing up.
I had already thrown our cushions in the wash while he was snoozing and they were finished so I put them out.
I watered the few plants that may come back.
Swept the porch and deck.
Found homes for my new flowers.
Put Weston's hat back on.
Got the mail and admired this gorgeous bush growing at my neighbors fence.
Watched Weston explore.
Made him come back from exploring out too far.
Put his hat back on.
Checked on Ally a few times.
Rotated the laundry.
It was so refreshing.
It was so fun.
All things are looking clean and springy around here; it is now that I love living in South Texas...remind me of that in August!
I noticed some weeds growing in our back yard. Grass doesnt want to seem to grow and my immediate thought was, "OH Cam needs to weed eat these things before they take over"
And then I remembered they werent weeds.
They are bluebonnets.
They should be blooming soon.
Last year we didnt get enough rain, but this year looks promising!
I would have been devastated if I would have had Cam chop these up.
Funny how that works...good things take time and all things take patience.
Sometimes I have to remind myself to slow down and savor and in this case, wait :)
How about you guys? What have you been savoring? Fruity pebbles on the deck?

I loved this post!
ReplyDeleteSo here comes my post... about savoring our kids...