Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best time of the day...

Tonight, I declared (to myself, in my head) that late evening was the best time of the day...or at least my favorite. The part of the day where the whipper wils are out (is that how you spell them dad?) and the house is dim with lamps and maybe a candle burning. Ally is asleep peaceful in her bed and Weston is cozy on my lap.
That last part there, about the little guy on my lap, that's what makes it my fav...or one of my favs.



There is a lot of good in each day.  I love the morning before the sun comes up and the house is quiet and I read and gulp coffee like it's liquid gold. And later in the morning when the babies are up and the deer are making their way out of the woods and we walk outside and Weston gets right to playing like he hasn't seen his ride on toys for years. And then there is the parts of the day where the two little ones play together well and carry on a conversation that only they understand and sometimes brother even makes sister laugh :) And then there is nap time where my brain gets to shut down for a bit and I get to reorganize the house, my day and my mind because we all know my day is just getting started with dinner, baths, and bedtime ahead. And then there is dinner where Weston  fold his little hands while we pray and sweet tea seems like it was made for lasagna and Cam looks at me like "We really got something going here babe" and I smile because I agree.

See what I mean... there is a lot of good in each day, but lately that late evening stuff is my favorite. You see, Weston could play, he could pull up in Cam's lap or sit in his own chair, but he chooses me, his "ommmy". And this is what I hold onto in my heart. Because I am the one who has struggled with him all day. I am the one who puts him in time out, makes him wear underwear, the one who wont let him eat candy for lunch, the one who makes him apologize, the one who sits him down and talks to him about why we do and don't do things. I am the one who drives him crazy all day, the one that is learning as I go and hoping I am doing everything right in the Lord's eyes. And ya'all, all day long Weston hates this, he gets disrespectful and I feel like I am losing ground. But at the end of the day, it is me he wants. He crawls up in my lap because he knows I love him and it's then that I know he loves me.

He's a good boy and I am so thankful to be his momma. I don't have any pictures to share of my favorite time of the day right now, but as I did the dishes I knew I wanted to write this down so I would always remember. Because trust me sometimes the truth isn't this clear.

I do however have a few pics from the other good parts in our day today. Weston made the green beans for dinner. He is SO GOOD at dumping everything into the pan and shaking in the onion flakes and seasonings.



And we just couldn't wait one more day to get the pool out. Today was the day and oh what fun did the kids have. I knew Ally would love her first dip in the water, but it Weston who blew me away. Last year he was so timid and I had to show him how to go down the slide and today he was a wild man going down it like crazy and splashing everywhere. Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of him... he wouldn't wear shorts ... or anything. BUT I do have some sweet ones of little Miss and her first time in the water. I love her little suit. Her grandma Shirley bought it for her before she was even born and the little pink polka dot ruffles melt my heart.










So that is it for our Wednesday! Holding on to the good, how about you? What's your favorite(s) part of each day?


1 comment:

  1. The hug and kiss I get from Libby when I drop her off at school each morning.
    The look on Libby's face when she sees us after school and Abby running to greet her!
    The huge smile that Darby has for me first thing in the morning.
    Abby yelling, "Mommy, Good Morning!" As soon as she wakes up each morning from her bed.
    The girls running out side to greet Corey when he gets home from work (if he gets home in time to see them...).
    The times I nurse Darby to sleep... so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails