Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hello there! Happy Tuesday!

We have had a very busy and fun Tuesday so far! Weston was up with the sun (killin' me) so I have had my hands full since my feet hit the floor.


This morning bright and early we took a walk! And I think that helped give me a burst of energy. After our walk we hiked down in our woods, much to Weston's delight and then we played outside. I fertilized my roses and am anxious to see if fertilizer does much.

While the two sweet ones played outside driving their walker and motorcycle I squeezed in some bible reading, since I didnt get to do that before they woke up this morning.


Tooth Shot :)






Whoa...you are probably wondering why I threw this pic in...
It's our computer :)

Missing keys...some very important ones, including the space bar.
I threw this in because of the lesson that it has taught Cameron and I.

Life isn't about things.

I cant tell you how many of my favorite dishes have been broken, my favorite bronzer spilled and yes of course how many keys have been ripped of my computer from our busy little two year old.

As you can see my days are very much the same. They take every ounce of who I am and any spare moments I get to myself I am sanitizing a potty chair, doing laundry or getting dinner ready for that night.
Please know I am not complaining.
I am telling you these things because I probably would be complaining if my heart wasn't in what I am doing.
But my heart is in this one hundred percent.
Because life most certainly isn't about things, and having everything you want and keeping everything you have nice in my case.

It's about people and loving people.
And in my case my people are little  :) and awfully sweet (and destructive)

But your case may be different and you may not have a computer with ripped off keys to remind you, but I wanted to share this with you to encourage you to pray so that your heart can be one hundred percent in what your doing each day too.

When I lose focus I forget to love.
I will role back through my day and think of the woman I should have helped at the grocery store, the meal I should have taken or the temper that should not have flared and it's all because my focus was off.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6 :19-21



I hope you all are having a super week and enjoying this BEAUTIFUL weather and enjoying the job God has blessed you with!


xo
Lyss




1 comment:

  1. You are so right. I don't mean to complain on my blogs either. I am so blessed with my job as well!!! We are such lucky mommies!
    Abby tore a button off my laptop Sunday :o)
    Abby LOVED the pictures of Weston and Ally in the wagon. She always remembers their names.

    And I do need to have dates with my girls. I do and will try harder to do at least one a week with one girl and try and catch them all!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails