Tuesday, April 27, 2010

They're on their way



Today is the day. My parent's anniversary. 31 years ago they joined together as teenagers, and vowed to cherish one another for the rest of their lives. Their anniversary is almost as big of a deal to me as my own, because I know how hard it is to make a marriage work and I thank my parents from the bottom of my heart for never giving up. They have taught me so much about love and marriage by setting an example of it my whole life.
They have had their struggles just like all marriages do, but they have never given up and have both relied on the Lord for strength and direction and it shows. They are a very sweet couple and you might be thinking "they are your parents" but most people agree. They accent each other better than any couple I have ever met. My dad is a wirey wound up ball of energy and my mom is a sweet, laid-back gentle spirit...very different personalities, but together they make a beautiful team.
They have raised three handsome boys and well...me :) They have 6 grandchildren 4 girls and 2 boys and they love spending time with them and enjoying their smiles and hugs. And both of my parents really enjoy the farm. My mom is tearing up something every other weekend it seems like and my dad is always so busy with his work on the farm. They love it, they are living out their dreams in their everyday life.
They are on their way to one of their favorite places. Big Cedar in Branson, Missouri. They go here a lot to get away and have time together just the two of them. One of the things that my parents have taught me is how important it is to make time for one another and to "keep the spark". They have been going away on the little trips like this for as long as I can remember and they both always have a great time.
They do their own cute things that I am sure no one else does at Big Cedar. For example, most women probably spend a day at the spa while the men fish or play golf...not my parents. They put their lawn chairs outside their cabin and watch the carriage rides go by and look for this skunk that usually roams around there. They take joy in the simple things and one another and to me that is what life and marriage is all about.
I love them more and more everyday. They are amazing people that I feel honored to know and even more honored to call them my parents.


My Parents in Pictures







Last year...I made them a cake :)


I love you guys! Enjoy your time away :)


1 comment:

  1. This made me cry... but a lot makes me cry lately ;o)
    I soooo love your parents! And you know your parents where always my 2nd parents!! I love them like my own and prolly see them just as much these days too - ha.
    I never realized how much you look like you mom! You really looked like her when you were younger and her younger pics - or is it just me?!?!?
    I love that they keep the spark and I love everything about them!!! And I still love going out to their farm to visit you and them. I truly do love your parents!
    Tell them I said congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails