I have a confession to make...
I like pretty houses....
Often find myself wishing my house was....
Pretty
Perfect
Matching
Spotless
you get the picture....
I get the wants...
Wish I had an older house with character..
or lots of antiques...
{images via country living}
But then,
A little someone taps on my shoulder (who could that be)
and says....search your heart....
what do you really want out of your home???
And I realize.....
While these homes I pine for are beautiful...
they are for show....
and I want my house to be...
for real....
So, my house may not be a magazine spread
it is a place where we can....
Play
Savor
Simplify
Create
Relax
Rest
and Re-Charge
At the end of the day
I want my little family to go to bed feeling
loved
cared for
welcomed
and comfortable
I dont want them to fear making a mess
or messing up something frilly
I want home to be a place where they can be themselves
and be good ones
I place they like to be and want to be
because of the people that are there
the memories that are there
and because of the love that is there
not because it is pretty
So,
I may not have the prettiest house
But, I can go to be with it being as clean as I can get it....
Sweet ones tucked in
and a thankful heart for all the above...
Our home,
family and
the lessons learned today
and each day






First of all... your house is like my dream house :o)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had my house as cute and neat and tidy as you have it!
I LOVED SEEING PICTURES OF YOUR HOUSE!!!!
But I too often day dream about a house that is picture perfect and spotless and super cute!
But I have to remind myself that this is our HOME and we LIVE here all day everyday. We are all happy and healthy and I am blessed to be here!
Loved your pictures :o)
I think we all struggle with this area! I know I sure do!
ReplyDeleteLyss your house is BEAUTIFUL and SPOTLESS!
Keep enjoying the little things like I know you are!
Love you!
I love the photos of your house. It makes me want to get my house picture ready!! I like the little touches you have, like the jars of buttons and the bunches of twigs. Great job!
ReplyDelete