Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thunderstorms...



Today was a good day

One of simple occurances, but I enjoyed each one very much

In the afternoon Weston and I made bread 




When I turned to check the melting butter he pulled the scoop out of the flour and...



We had a great time and the process of making bread was the most theraputic thing I have done in a long time....
The kneading...the smell... etc....



After we cleaned up our mess we made dinner



We had burgers and homemade onion rings...
I love down-home meals like that

and afterwards we headed outside to enjoy the thunderstorm

I have been asking for rain for awhile... It has been awhile
and tonight it came...

It was so wonderful to do the dishes with the window cracked



Weston loved his first storm watching experience

The thunder made his eyes light up the size of golf balls, but he loved it...



I made oatmeal cookies for Cam...he requested them a few weeks back
and has had a big week at work so I thought tonight would be a good night for them

Thunderstorms and cookies...they just go together



Weston and I headed out to the edge and he put his arm around me and gave me kisses
Cameron didnt catch the kisses, but he caught his sweet arm around my neck



And that was our day. Simple.Wonderful.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day...and I loved the post about you running over the trash can!! Sounds like something I would have done:) Hope you all have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails