Hi there!
This is going to be one of those post where I share my heart just to warn you ;)
I have told you before that I am a dreamer.
Oh how I love to dream, and lately those dreams have set my heart asunder and my thoughts wondering.
And I had began to think that because I had not even gotten close to achieving what my dreams are that I was failing.
I was struggling with my "calling".
I was searching for it, looking for it and finally I started to pray about it
(why don't I just do that first?? ;) )
Some people have amazing callings:
missionaries
writers
speakers
entrepreneurs
and then there are people like me
Just ordinary people who have extraordinary dreams.
And then it came.
The truth
from Him
What I was asking for was not granted, but what my heart was really searching for was given.
(funny how He knows)
And just like that he said:
"You ARE living and doing your calling"
And I mean to tell you, peace washed over me and my heart was lightened
and I got it.
Being Cameron's wife and Weston's mommy is my calling.
Sometimes I/we overlook our big gifts and blessings and consider the a given and push them out of the way trying to find more.
One of those "big picture things"
We want to be more...get a degree, start a business, inspire...and so the list goes on
Oh yeah and we are moms too...
Sometimes I think we say it like it is just an easy task
and it is
NOT
It is by far the hardest job I have EVER done and I am only my first year in.
I overlooked the biggest gifts in my life as if they were "just part of it"
I will always have the pleasure of being Cameron's wife, but my days with Weston are numbered
before I know it we will send him out and let him fly on his own
I know in my heart God has wonderful things in store for him, and I am
so
thankful
that I get to be the one to call him momma.
To get to be a big part of his life for awhile and let him be a huge part of mine, forever.
While my calling certainly isn't always glamorous and will probably not make me famous
It is by far the most fulfilling thing I have ever experienced
Praise be to my God for allowing me to nurture and love His sweet Weston and get to be the one to call him momma
and Praise God to get to be called Cameron's wife and to get to be the one to love him
forever and to get to be the one to be his helper and supporter.
I am honored with all my heart to take care of these two.
and I cant imagine a better calling :)
I needed this post today too!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
found you through Tuesday's Unwrapped. . .
ReplyDeleteLoved your eloquent words on mothering. . .sometimes it hard to remember that we are doing something no one else could do!