Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolution Smutions....

I have A LOT of resolutions this year...

Coming from a girl who couldnt tell you the last time she made one...

I am excited about them. When reading over my list of resolutions I realized something... I am a grown up

eee...all those years of avoiding it and it snuck right in on me...oh well, worse things have happened

and who knows...maybe I am not quite there, maybe I just have grown up resolutions :)

Either way, I thought I would share them with you

...............................................................................................................


My first is to Journal

I started this before the new year and I really love it

I bought three regular compostion notebooks and so far only two of them are being written in

One is for Weston
I have this idea to make a journal for each of our kids and someday I will give it to them, maybe

And the other is for me :)
I have been jotting down prayers, verses that are really speaking to my heart and little thoughts and moments I want to treasure forever

.................................................................................................................

The next is to cook more and enjoy it

I realized this year that I dont really like to cook...wait a minute, actually I should refrase

I like to cook, but I REALLY DONT LIKE TO CLEAN UP, REALLY

So I am trying some new strategies with dinner and all the other meals, but mostly dinner to cook more and clean less...or atleast less cleaning before husband goes to bed

I want to really enjoy my time in the kitchen (cooking three meals a day now) and I am going to try really hard to do so!
we will see....

..................................................................................................


Then, the next is to stay on top of everything better

As in cleaning and picking up around the house

I am REALLY BAD about piling and stuffing things and then spending a week cleaning out all my catch-alls

..............................................................................................


I want to have a garden

I am thinking a simple raised bed like my mom's, but havent quite nailed it down yet, but I really want a garden and I think Weston would enjoy helping me water :)

I feel like we eat fairly healthy. Most of our meat is organic...either a deer kill of Cameron's or beef off my parents farm...with the exception of chicken and turkey. I would just love to make my own seasoned Italian tomatoes, salsa's and not to mention all the other fresh veggies we could bring to our table. Husband agrees so hopefully we can make this happen ;)

...............................................................................................................

I dont know if this next one is really considered a resolution or not, but I am going to try to make a conscious effort to take better care of myself

This is a HUGE struggle when you are a momma I have found

TIme to pamper and primp in the mirror in non existent and to be honest that isnt what I miss at all

But by taking care of myself I mean a bit more than just primping. I need to go to the dentist and have a cleaning. FLOSSING (this should have its own resolution probably) and drinking more water. Right now I only get in about three to four glasses a day...on a good day!
.......................................



2010 Was a great year for me. It was my first full year as a momma and I cant help but smile just thinking of our days at home getting to know one another. Spending almost every night up and down and up and down. I have been stretched in so many ways down this beautiful journey and I am so thankful to a merciful God who has been there every step of the way. I dont know why he picked me to be the mother of his Weston, but I am forever grateful.

My heart is excited for 2011 and all that holds. I am stepping into this New Year as a momma to a "big boy" and I have never been more comfortable in my own skin and my own life.

I guess being a grown up isnt so bad after all ;)


2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I only hope some day I have the courage to write so freely. I admire that you find the time to write your thoughts down and express them. Your son will enjoy the journal if you chose to share it with him someday.
    I wish I would have known you in school. After reading your blog I think we would have been great frieds or maybe it is because where we are at in life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! If only we had been closer in age!

    You should journal...you will be blessed I promise!!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails