Monday, April 18, 2011

A day at the Farm



While we were home Weston and I were able to spend  a whole day at the farm where I grew up.

Weston loves it.

He loves cows and my dad had one in the lot that needed some TLC so he got a first class seat to a momma and her a calf.

I loved watching him moo at the cow and get all excited :)

My dad's cows are calving right now so we took a mule ride out into the field while Blake and Amanda were there to see all the cute baby calves!










When we got back from our ride we were so thirsty so Weston and his cousin Halle took a break







Sharing crackers with Papa


Exploring the lot while Papa takes care of the sick calf







Papa fed her and gave her some medicine and then we had to move her to to dry bedding



Weston found a cow stick perfect for the job :)



I dont know how to explain it, but I think if you grew up on a farm you understand how being away is like leaving a piece of you behind. The simplicity, beauty, and hard work becomes such a big part of you and something that you never forget. A gift that I am so glad I have been blessed with and now get to share bits and pieces of it with my children.





Happy Monday Folks!

2 comments:

  1. That last picture is beautiful! It makes me miss our home town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post!!! I love all the pictures and miss hanging out on your farm! I miss our slumber parties and late night hang outs! I can't wait to see you next month!!! Loved chatting with you today on the phone :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails