Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend on the Frio



In all honesty, towards the end of last week I was kind of down. Nothing more than the result of being spoiled really, but just the same Thursday and Friday I fought a 'funk' the whole day. You see, my cousin (mom's sisters son) was married to his highschool sweetheart this weekend and my grandma and grandpa's farm and I really really wanted to go. I kept thinking a way would present itself, but being almost eight months pregnant a with an eighteen month old and a husband with no remaining vacation until the holidays left me pretty dry. It was one of those grown up decisions where I had to chose between that trip and another coming up in August. I feel like I made the right decision because of some other things going on in our family, but just the same I was a little homesick. I was thinking about it and this was probably the first big event I have missed. So you see, I am spoiled. Usually when people live this far away they miss out on a lot more. We missed one of Cameron's cousins weddings too back when I was pregnant with Weston and my boss messed up our office's vacation schedule, but I think this was the first for my family. It stinks, but I feel like I should count my blessings. I was able to have the couple a shower when we were home in May, I am getting to go home and will hopefully get to see them when I do so, and I have some of the best of friends here in Texas that invited us to the river with them this weekend. We had a wonderful, I mean wonderful time and I am so thankful I wasnt sitting at home waiting for my mom to call me with all the pretty details of the wedding and the couple.

So, even though this weekend wasnt what I had thought it would be at the beginning of the summer it was still a great one and my cousin and his new wife are on their honeymoon happily married and hopefully having a great time.

I was at the wedding in heart for sure and can wait to see some pictures!


Jackson was not too sure about walking on those rocks...



Tow Mater made an appearance....
















Thanks for inviting us guys! We had a great time :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a great summer so far! I love the new look of your blog! Very nice! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails