While I was home (Missouri) my childhood friend Katy and her momma threw a sweet little get together for our Ally. It was small with mostly family, but was absolutely beautiful. They did a wonderful job loving on our girl and our family.
I have know Katy since she was in Kindergarten. I remember the first time I met her...or saw her. She was a mini queen in our hometown pageant and my mom said "I am going to start watching that little girl on Monday"
And so it began...my obsession with Katy. I thought she was the coolest kid ever and she thought I was a pest. She and my brother Blake were best friends and I drove them nuts with my adoration and wanting to tag along.
Here we are grown and she doesn't find me nearly as annoying and I think she is just one of the greatest gals ever. She just got engaged to a great guy and they plan to get married this spring. I miss her so much, but she is one of those great friends that puts forth a lot of effort to stay in touch; I am so thankful for that.
I wish I had a picture to show you...of the three of us (me, my brother Blake and Katy) from when we were younger...Katy and I with our permed hair and tight biker shorts at the skating rink, but I don't :(
Anyway, here are a few pics from little bit's shower that Katy and her mom threw for us...I will quit jabbering and let you enjoy!
And thanks again Katy and Marilynn; I enjoyed every minute of it :)
The food was so yummy! That jelly covered cheese ball was my favorite...I am going to get that recipe from Katy!
I am reading the card from my brother Blake and his wife Amanda and daughter Halle who couldn't be there.
Brother Bear was there :) He really enjoyed sissy's shower. There were some pretty little girls to play with and he really liked all of little sister's new stuffed animals :)
Ally's granny gave her the bedding for her room. I just love it, but you have to wait to see it; it's a surprise, but you can see some of it in that box :)
My friend Nel is also expecting a sweet little girl (those are her two girls in the pic above with Weston). Just four weeks after our Ally is due Miss Darby is due to arrive.
I had a few more pictures I was hoping to share, but for some reason the server keeps rejecting them :(
I also wanted to show you the one of Katy, Marilynn and I that we took, but I guess we didn't get one with my camera because I got home and it wasn't on there.
So, that is it. Wasn't it a pretty little shower for our Ally :) She was very loved on and I am so thankful for all the women who did so!
I hope everyone has a great long weekend!
Love,
Lyss
It was a beautiful shower!!!! What great pictures you have!!! And those little girls are pretty cute too ;o)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for inviting us to your shower! It was great getting to see you and hang out!!! I miss you so much....
~Nel