Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time

We have been all about time around here lately.



Is it time, do we have enough time??

Time just me and hubby.

Time just me and bubby.

Time just daddy and Weston.

I wanted to do a special day with Weston doing all the things he loves before Ally comes.

A date if you will :)

I was hoping he could pick something out to bring to her at the hospital, but the toy isle is way too overwhelming for him right now so we are going to do something else :)

A few of his favorite things to do when we are out and about is:

Roam the toy isle.
Eat at Chic-Fil-A and play with all the kids at the play place
Play with the train at Barnes and Noble (he could do this all day as long as other kids are around I am pretty sure)


First stop...toy isle :)





He is really into bikes right now :)



After toy browsing we headed to lunch. And we shared nuggets, fries and lemonade :)

He of course devoured some ketchup too :)

Then FINALLY it was time to play!





After this we headed to B&N and when I went to get him out of the car he was asleep :)

Apparently I am a fun date! wink wink!!

So we went home and while I was driving home I realized something.

Weston did have fun doing all this, but he has fun doing everything.

His most favorite thing to do is be outside...he would be out there all day everyday if he could.

And he loves to be with me.

I took some critisizing not too long ago about how clingy he was and it hurt, it hurt bad.

I let it make me a bit insecure for awhile about my mothering.

I was questioning my every move and thinking I was doing something wrong.

I take this job as a mom so serious, I mean really serious.
I love it.
I put my whole heart into it.
And I know I am not even close to perfect at it, but I can guarantee that I am doing my best.
When someone points some not so nice comments your way you are bound to take them to heart, because well, mothering this child takes all the heart you have and then some.

You gave it to them the first time you laid eyes on them and never looked back.

I prayed A LOT at this time. And one night God laid the answer on my heart that I needed. I needed to hear what He had to say.

And it was this, " I was missing out on the joy and truth of mothering when I let the insecurity caused from the hurt of what they said take over"

the joy and the truth

That is how I want to mother, with joy and truth

He might be clingy, but I dont care.
I cant imagine a better way to spend these precious days than with him and if that makes me his best friend and confidant than I am thankful.

I must be doing something right.

So, with that being said. I have had a new heart towards this time with him and a new confidence and perspective.

The next day we swam all morning and had watermelon in the pool :)
We played outside until lunch and then came in and read a bunch of books.

We have gone back to the toy store since then and roamed isles, and I have gone back by myself and bought a few of the things he thought he needed :) and put them in a bag for him for the hospital when sissy comes.

We have colored and explored.

We have tried new things both food related and not :)

And we have done them all together.

Maybe staying home isnt for everyone and that is ok, I understand that. But it is for me.

and my kids.

My friend Charlsie shared some of the most encouraging words with me almost a year ago and they run through my head almost daily.

It is this:

"God could have given your children to anyone, but He picked you because He knew you would love them the best"

When someone thinks they know more about raising your kids than you, you just have to remember this :)
Just a little lesson learned on my end that I didnt plan on sharing, but it just kind of spilled out once I started uploading these pictures.

Ever since that night when God laid the "joy and truth" bit on my heart I have noticed some refreshement.

Something I needed after getting my feelings hurt so bad.

I am thankful for His grace and the fact that He cared enough to restore me back so I could love on Weston without insecurity and enjoy these precious days with him.

Because in all honesty everyday is a special day with he and I right now and in the years to come; he wont be home with me forever :).

And that is exactly how I  have looked at them :)

We made cookies  together this week. It was the first time I had tried just standing him in a chair and not put him in his booster seat.

He loved it.

We had an absolute ball and he loved the cookies. He ruined his dinner because I kept letting him have one while I tried to finish dinner :)

I think he had four by the time daddy got home :)

Daddy and I decided on cookie dinner wouldnt hurt anything every once in a while :)

I hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope you enjoy every gift you have today whatever it ma be and dont let insecurity steal the joy and truth of it!















xo
Lyss


1 comment:

  1. What a very true and perfect post!
    I love the cookie pictures :o) Abby smashes all of her flat too!
    Libby and Abby LOVE helping mommy in the kitchen!! It's amazing how some of the simplest things can make such an impression on the kids - just like playing outside all day an djust haveing mommy's undivided attention!!!

    I too have had comments about the girls being clung to me and mommy's girls. Libby still won't spend the night at Mama and Papa's house.... but you know, I think that there is nothing wrong with a child wanting to be with their parents! Why should they have to be so eager to leave us? We are were and who they feel safest with. We know how they want their grilled cheese cut and cooked, how many ice cubes they like, how they want their napkin folded, how they want to get dressed, how they like their snacks, how they want to be held... we are their comfort zone and their safe place. And it should be that way. Not that it's wrong for kids to want to go places and have fun without mommy and daddy - but I dont' think that it's a bad thing to want to stay with mommy either.
    I used to get offended when people said that about Libby... or worry when we had to come home early because Abby wouldn't take a bottle or stop crying... but you know - we have 18 short years alone with them and what a little amount of time that is in your life!

    Enjoy every second with your kids! Before you know it, they will be waving bye as you send them to school for the day and all you can do is wonder what they are doing...

    ~Nel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails