Monday, January 30, 2012

A lovely closet

I love having a daughter.
Like really love.




Dont get me wrong, I LOVE having a son too, but you have read about how great that is for the past two years, this daughter thing, it is new.

It is so special to get to enjoy each one of kids in very different ways and I am very thankful for that.

I have been sewing things for both of their rooms and Saturday Ally just sat in her swing and talked my ear off while her brother napped the afternoon away. It was cute.

Yesterday the boys rode the Rhino and found a deer antler in the woods and Ally and I went shopping.

I love to shop.
Especially for my kids.

Ally was in the best mood the whole time and warmed everyone's hearts that stopped and peeked into her stroller to say hello. She would smile and even chatter to some of them.

She likes to talk.

We looked at clothes and bought her two new outfits. We didnt find anything for brother, but we did find something for a little baby due next month who's shower we are going to Saturday.

Again, I am thankful for a daughter to go to a baby shower with :)

So anyway, I thought I would show you a few things we have done in her room. It isnt finished, once we get Weston's bed we can do the final move and then hopefully both of their rooms will be completed :)

The first thing I did was her closet.



I did really plan on her having a cute closet, but I got a bit antsy wanting to make her room "hers" once she decided she needed her own room so I started cleaning out her closet one day and realized she only had enough clothes to fill one bar (poor little thing) so I whipped up some tissue poms to hang from the top bar and then just had a ball making it cute and special for her.


I put a little lamp in there to make it cozy and I love it at night when I am feeding her and putting her to bed.




I spray painted the bar white one day and added a few little things to the shelf to sweeten it up a bit.



A pretty card from her cousins Macy, Bailey and Annie.



A bucket of hairbows





I think it is so cute, especially compared to the mirrored door eye sore it was before.

Her room is doubling as our guest room when need be so I decided to do white and cream bedding because that is what we already have on our guest bed.

She has this bedding from pottery barn awaiting big brothers hand-me-down crib :)

Lillian Nursery Bedding

I really like it and I cant wait to put it to good use.


The other thing I have done is paint her dresser.

You  may remember that from a few post back. I bought it from my friend, it was slate blue and I decided to paint it white, but went with darker knobs because her crib will be dark.



I picked out the white/cream bedding back in the summer and I knew I wanted to do some other pops of color with it and after we sent out her birth announcements I knew I wanted to do baby blue and rasberry red with it.



The little bowls hold "her necklace" that I wore this past summer while carrying her.


On the opposite side of the wall of the dresser Cameron hung these shelves this weekend.

Classic Shelving


I would really like to get some frames like these for it, but we will see!




I still have to:

Finish her beadboard frames
Hang her curtains
make a few pillows
Make something to hang above her changing table
get some baskets for her changing table

But we are getting closer and I like how it is turning out. I am savoring this time because someday she probably will want to paint her room some color that I wont like and wont ever want to maker her bed and if it is up to her brother she will love tractors, trucks and four wheelers just like him and daddy.



And that is ok too :)


He always takes her rattles and toys from her and replaces it with something a bit more fitting.

And she never minds one bit :)


Hope everyone is having a great week and I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek!


2 comments:

  1. So I read this earlier today but it's been a crazy day with a sick husband and well... I am pooped! But the pictures are adorable!!!! Her room is perfect!!!!! Super duper cute! One lucky girl to have such an amazing mommy!!!

    Give the kiddos hugs!
    XOXOX
    ~Nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love it! Like totally love it. I love those pom poms and the bedding and the little bucket of bows. SO cute!! You're doing a great job! Sorry I haven't been commenting much, I've just been commenting in my head and forgetting to write it on here! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails