My day today started at three am with Weston crying. I went into his room to find a stuffy nose and a really wet diaper. I changed him and sang to him and a few minutes later Cameron came and got me to feed Ally.
I remember Cameron kissing me good bye at six and then the next thing I remember is both of my little ones waking up at seven forty five and me scurrying around to get them.
By nine I realized "one of those days" could easily be setting in so I decided to do something productive and decided I would clean our bathroom. I put Ally in her swing (she didnt feel like sleeping today) and I let Weston run around half naked trying on all the clothes in his dresser. He learned how to dress and undress himself today.
Afterwards I got dressed and started lunch. By eleven thirty it seemed that there was hope and I may get things pulled together. Ally finally settled into her nap and I walked out of the room for laying Weston down at one and I let out a breath. Ahhh...rest.
I made some coffee, lit a candle and began sweeping up a mess Weston made while I tried to get Ally down. And then Ally cried. And I spent the next two hours getting her to sleep and then five minutes later her waking up.
I gobbled down a bowl of cereal in between her napping and waking and by four when Weston woke up I gave up. I am still not sure what had her bothered....teething? Maybe she is gettng Weston's runny nose?, hope not.
I had to get off the phone with my mom because they both started crying and the last thing she said "Savor every minute"
Savor
Every
Minute
You mean even the ones where I am getting ready to put Weston in the bath and he comes walking toward me with his hand out for me to hold and I take hold only to realize he put it down his dirty diaper and now we both have poop on our hands!
You mean even when I cant seem to fix it?
I bet you she does. Every single minute of it.
I am not down in anyway...it takes about a month of hard days to really get me down, just reflecting on the day and all its craziness. The four nasty diapers, the crying, the tiny stirofoam balls everywhere, the rain, the three favorite books three times, the lunch thrown in the floor, the leftover potato soup, the giggles, the list of things that didnt get checked off.
I like to look back over the day through pictures. Sometimes I am so "into it" I dont cherish things as much as I would like. So when I look back over pictures and see the beauty in scattered crayons or a mess I am thankful I "savored every minute" even if I wasnt realizing it and can look back and cherish it again or for the first time.
There really is beauty in the everyday and in the little things. I am thankful for my days...they are pretty much the same everyday, but I never know what curveball will be thrown and I know with God's help I can be the mom and wife I want to be and when I really find myself struggling I know it is because he wants me to depend on Him and draw near to him.
Parenting really is great, but it is hard work I will say that. And it is wonderful in all its little and big ways.
I am thankful I get to do this all again tomorrow. I am thankful for these sweet ones and for the lessons learned....tomorrow we wont have so much applesauce ;)
Tomorrow I am going to savor every minute :)
I remember Cameron kissing me good bye at six and then the next thing I remember is both of my little ones waking up at seven forty five and me scurrying around to get them.
By nine I realized "one of those days" could easily be setting in so I decided to do something productive and decided I would clean our bathroom. I put Ally in her swing (she didnt feel like sleeping today) and I let Weston run around half naked trying on all the clothes in his dresser. He learned how to dress and undress himself today.
Afterwards I got dressed and started lunch. By eleven thirty it seemed that there was hope and I may get things pulled together. Ally finally settled into her nap and I walked out of the room for laying Weston down at one and I let out a breath. Ahhh...rest.
I made some coffee, lit a candle and began sweeping up a mess Weston made while I tried to get Ally down. And then Ally cried. And I spent the next two hours getting her to sleep and then five minutes later her waking up.
I gobbled down a bowl of cereal in between her napping and waking and by four when Weston woke up I gave up. I am still not sure what had her bothered....teething? Maybe she is gettng Weston's runny nose?, hope not.
I had to get off the phone with my mom because they both started crying and the last thing she said "Savor every minute"
Savor
Every
Minute
You mean even the ones where I am getting ready to put Weston in the bath and he comes walking toward me with his hand out for me to hold and I take hold only to realize he put it down his dirty diaper and now we both have poop on our hands!
You mean even when I cant seem to fix it?
I bet you she does. Every single minute of it.
I am not down in anyway...it takes about a month of hard days to really get me down, just reflecting on the day and all its craziness. The four nasty diapers, the crying, the tiny stirofoam balls everywhere, the rain, the three favorite books three times, the lunch thrown in the floor, the leftover potato soup, the giggles, the list of things that didnt get checked off.
I like to look back over the day through pictures. Sometimes I am so "into it" I dont cherish things as much as I would like. So when I look back over pictures and see the beauty in scattered crayons or a mess I am thankful I "savored every minute" even if I wasnt realizing it and can look back and cherish it again or for the first time.
There really is beauty in the everyday and in the little things. I am thankful for my days...they are pretty much the same everyday, but I never know what curveball will be thrown and I know with God's help I can be the mom and wife I want to be and when I really find myself struggling I know it is because he wants me to depend on Him and draw near to him.
Parenting really is great, but it is hard work I will say that. And it is wonderful in all its little and big ways.
I am thankful I get to do this all again tomorrow. I am thankful for these sweet ones and for the lessons learned....tomorrow we wont have so much applesauce ;)
Tomorrow I am going to savor every minute :)
No comments:
Post a Comment