Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day

Hello everyone! I hope you are all feeling very loved and special today!

My Valentine is at work :) But I am so blessed to have two more to love on all day! You want to see my sweet Valentines?



Not the greatest picture, but I am just thankful he isn't tackling her like the other five attempts...and he insisted on holding that little "dee-uh"

Steal
my
heart

Sweet babies :)


Weston is sporting his daddies childhood bow tie and that makes me want to squeeze him to death and of course miss Ally is looking cute in her little Valentines Day outfit! A gift from a friend. She has a couple more outfits with hearts that we have been wearing this week too and they have changed clothes for nap time, but neither one was too excited about ANOTHER picture :)!



I love Valentines Day, always have. My mom always really made it special. I can remember my daddy walking into my classroom in the third grade with a basket of flowers. I was embarrassed, but behind that I was so happy. I felt so loved and cherished and I was so glad I had a daddy who would not only send me flowers, but bring them to my classroom and give them to me with a hug :)




I also remember one year we (me and my three brothers) got off the bus and on each of our beds was a special present from my mom and dad. I received clothes and I remember my brother Blake got a fish tank and fish, perfect for him :)

When I was really little the day before Valentines day my momma called me into her room and pulled out a pair of plain white keds that she had decorated for me to wear the next day. I LOVED those shoes....
She took puff paint and made hearts all over them and replaced the laces with ribbon and tied heart shaped beads to the ends :)

And then, in the seventh grade I was baptised on Valentines Day. My mom pulled out a gold cross with a tiny little diamond in the middle and I was taken back. She said she and daddy wanted to get me something really special and this was it. I still have it and pulled it out to look at it this morning, I don't have a chain for it or else I would have worn it today :)



So, as much as I treasure these memories of my childhood Valentines Days it is pretty much a given I am going to do something for each of my kids to make them feel special :)

Thankfully, my mother in law loves it too and always did special things for her boys so my husband gets it :)




Cameron and I are in a great place in our marriage. So happy, so in love and so naturally this holiday seems like it was tailored for us this year! A part of my Bible Study a few weeks ago made me really stop and think about taking care of myself. Not in a superficial way, but in a taking care of what God has blessed me with kind of way. So, when Cameron asked me what I wanted for Valentines Day I thought for a couple of days and I told him that I wanted to go to the Salon and get my hair cut and I wanted new make up and face care.

It would be truly a gift because as girls we all know how expensive "taking care of ourselves" is and as mothers and givers we just kind of push it away and think we shouldn't do it for ourselves.

Cameron was all about it and even went as far as pushing me a little bit this past Saturday to go. He watched both little ones (which is a gift in itself) and I scooted out the door for a few hours and got pampered.

It was amazing, I found a hairdresser that I just love and I am going to keep going back to her. Her name is Lori and she totally understood what I was going for. I was nervous someone would get scissor happy and chop all my hair off and I would have a "mom bob", but she didn't and when she would cut a new layer or my bangs she would get excited and say "oh this looks really pretty". It did my heart good, I usually get "oh this looks so cute" and that isn't what I wanted to hear, not that day I wanted to feel pretty and by golly she got it and I did feel pretty that is, and I still do.
To say the least I have felt like a million bucks since my afternoon of pampering. It was the perfect gift and I am so thankful my Valentine got if for me. Thank you hunny for working so hard and letting me enjoy some of it for myself :)

Love you!!

I bought him jeans, aren't I romantic :) Even worse He picked them out :) Totally fits my Cam though, he needed them and is thrilled about them...so practical.

I wanted to get Weston this grill for Valentines Day, but I couldn't find it and we don't have a Toys R Us close. So instead he got to pick out a few things today while we were grocery shopping at the store.

I let him pick a balloon and a root beer out of the cooler :)



I should have let him pick the Root Beer first because it is fifty cents and the balloon was waytoomuch and he dropped it like a hot potato once he got the root beer, so we passed it down to sis, who cant have root beer or candy :) she really likes it tied to her walker :)





I wanted to make a really special fancy dinner for tonight, but then I remembered our two sweet ones who don't give a hoot about fancy dinners and usually want to go to bed during dinner so I laughed a little at my self for thinking that was a good idea and came up with something else!


We are having spaghetti and meatballs and salad. Simple and something we all like.
It is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L here today so I don't really want to spend our afternoon cooking and baking, we are long over due for outside time :)
I put the kids down a little earlier than normal so when they get up I will be ready to play outside with them the rest of the day, which I am pretty sure will be the biggest gift I could give Weston to show him I love him :)


So I already set the table and put every one's special treats at their plate and whipped up a cherry cheesecake for dessert.



As soon as I wrap this up I am going to make our meatballs and our dinners should just be a matter of warming :)

Hoping it all goes great, but knowing things happen and it may be a disaster, but at least I can say I tried right?

Anywho, that is our Valentines Day around here! No school parties yet or card exchanges, just us loving on each other.

Pretty much a normal day....time outs, nail trimmings, nap times, diaper changes....the only thing different so far is the extra sugar and rootbeer with lunch :)

And because I know you will all email me about my hair and some of you have already asked, here is the best pic I could get of Weston and I this morning :)



Obviously, he didnt want to be in it :( I am afraid the hammin it days are over for awhile, thank goodness I have sis who I just have to look at and she will smile for me :)

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL Valentines day and make lots of memories with your families or your hunny!




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails