Friday, February 3, 2012

It's hard to believe...

We are here.

Sometimes I feel like I was just planning our wedding last summer


and we will be married five years in September.


And it REALLY feels like we just gave Weston cereal for the first time, and now we are introducing it to our second sweet child.


I always love seeing little ones in the grocery store with their shoes on the wrong feet.

love it




I tend to smile at those moms, and think

"how blessed you are momma, to have such a sweet one learning their independence and doing such cute little things to make you smile like pulling their shoes on the wrong feet"

Kind of like when you see a little girl toting her mom's ginormous purse as her own
or clicking around at McDonald's in her dress up shoes


I am there. I am that blessed momma with those sweet reminders.







And it is even greater to see when it is your baby who is pulling their boots on the wrong feet.

He started doing this back around Christmas with just his boots, and now he does it with all his shoes.


Earlier this week he pulled on his play shoes all by hisself.

Tongues pushed down to the toes and criss crossed those velcro straps :)



Little things like this make me so thankful.

Thankful for the sleepless nights, the little time to myself, the "no's", the mounds of laundry, the tired back, the runny nose, the five six seven poopy diapers a day, every last little thing that I dont always see the good side of.

Because if it werent for those things there wouldnt be things like this, the shoes on the wrong feet, the smiles, the hugs, the bowed head at supper, the learning to count, the laughing out loud, the singing, the simple ways of a child that remind us what really matters.



“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Robert Brault




Happy weekend friends!

xo
Lyss


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails