Today was a good day.
It was one of those days where it almost slipped through my fingers a few times and thankfully by grace we were pulled back up by our boot strings.
We were supposed to meet Cam for lunch, but it didn't work out because he is super busy at work right now. I didn't have the heart to turn the kids back around after I had told them we were going to lunch and we got all dressed up and everything.
So we went out to lunch the three of us.
To Panera.
Mommies favorite place.
I eat Chick-fil-A each week or something of that nature with a play place, but today mommy got to pick and oh how I enjoyed it.
Weston got soup and I ordered their seasonal salad and Ally chewed on our sourdough bread and was in heaven the whole time. I even ordered a green tea!
We had the best time and people came up and talked to the kids all through out our lunch. I have been talking to Weston about being brave and talking to people when he is with mommy in the store or in a restaurant and people talk to us. My babies have no idea how much they bless people. It is my heart that they have a servants heart for the Lord and right now that is the biggest gift they can give, to just be a sweet face for some grandma or grandpa to talk to. (of course we have been talking about strangers and danger too)
We made it home in time for naps and Cam called right after they woke up to tell us he had a work function tonight he forgot about.
Usually it would be no big deal, but for some reason tonight my heart just sunk. I kept telling myself "you are stronger than this, you can handle one evening by yourself"
But by five thirty I had decided we would eat our leftover lasagna and then we were heading to the bookstore. I kept asking Weston if he wanted to go and he kept talking about the train (they have one at Barnes and Noble).
So we all loaded up and had the best time.
I gathered a stack of books to read while Weston played, he could play there for hours.
And Ally almost fell asleep.
Weston brought her books and eventually a train and I skimmed through my finds as fast as I could.
The feelings book wasn't for me, it was for my niece. Do you remember how mean girls get about fourth and fifth grade? I do. I dont know if anyone is mean to her at school or not, but when I saw it I thought of her so I wanted to read through it.
In case you are wondering Cam, with Mother's Day coming up and everything (wink wink) these were my faves.
Weston picked out books to read this time...you can imagine what was in them if you know West.
We headed home after an hour so we would be there to meet daddy and on our way we picked up ice cream. It was the most beautiful evening and we drove home with the windows down and sunroof open. In my heart I was so glad we got out and I didn't let my pride win telling me to tuff it out. It is good to remember to have fun...something it took me awhile to learn as a mom.
We don't ever go anywhere in the evenings and let me tell you there is a whole big busy world out there while we are home feeding and bathing our babies at home and for this one night it was fun to be a part of it.
This is almost my EXACT day. Not today, but how things go for us!!!!!! EXACTLY. Except Daniel doesn't eat soup, he eats a PBJ at Panera.
ReplyDeleteYou have to read the Heaven is for Real - I didn't think I'd like it, but its the book that I've been touched by most in the last five years I think.
I have that Breaking Free book, and its good - but you need more Meat -do the study!!! If you want, I will go through it again with you. I have a friend who wants to do it, and we could organize a blog bible study.
Its so hard for me to parent alone, and I think its because I love doing it with MY engineer so much.
I totally get it.
Also, I never visit your blog outside of reader, but now that I have, the snogs you are playing have been playing at my house for a week.
AND, you need to get the Tremendous Tractors book by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker. It and the other truck books have been a hit with Daniel for a year! Weston will love them.
No!!!!!!!! Homesick is the other song that's been in my head!!!! I cannot believe the coincidence.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I know you HAVE to get that Heaven is for Real book from Amazon, like right now, Prime Shipping.
Loved all the pictures and glad you had a good day of outings - other than just grocery shopping and the norm.
ReplyDeleteSomeone told Abby that, "She just made her day! You are so cute!!!" yesterday at the drs office. This made this mommy's heart smile and made my day - that just seeing one of my girls made her day better!
So I get what you mean!
And your blog posts make my day ;o)