Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My babies

Four years ago my friend Chrissy{first friend I made moving to Texas) and I were driving out into the Hill Country to meet some girlfriends at a really neat BBQ place when I noticed a lot of people parked on the side of the road taking pictures of their kids in the fields full of wildflowers.

Chrissy told me it was a tradition in Texas for people to take pictures of their kids in the Bluebonnets each year. I thought it was a cute idea and didnt think much of it.

Fast forward two years. I had just had my first baby, just started this blog and I decided I needed to get out and plop his little three month old body down in a field full of bluebonnets. I looked up the best place to see bluebonnets in my area and it was Poteet, TX, and hour and a half away.

I guess the adventurous heart in me didnt pay any attention to the lenght of the drive and we set out.

And it was a wonderful day, such a gift from God and it was the first post that I shared with all of you on this blog. You can read it here and see how sleepy and tiny Weston is. You can scratch your head and wonder how he went from that to this...


This is my favorite picture I took of Weston this year. It is SO HIM. Boots, big smile and laying on the bluebonnets :)

It amazes me how fast things change. How time goes on not just in years, but  in milestones, becoming a big brother and wondering what we ever did before these sweet ones were in our lives?
We didnt stop and take pictures in the bluebonnets that is for sure...we just drove on by.

I hope you all enjoy these pictures, I just love them and I think you will too.
































Hope you enjoyed the pics and hopefully you all are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Precious
    Amazing
    Perfect
    Adorable
    Cute

    Love love love the pictures!!!!
    Makes me wanna take the girls out and get their pics taken.

    So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails