Hello there! Everyone is sleeping except for Cam and I and after our busy week last week trying to get back in the swing of things full force with Summer Bible studies starting up, friends having babies (or getting close:), and family coming into town there just wasn't much time to post. So, I figured today, Father's day would be the best day to show you pictures of one of Cameron's favorite past times, camping. I told you before we left that we bought a camper and I can honestly say it was the perfect purchase for our family. We are just kind of sitting ducks waiting to hear where Cameron's next job is and we know that where we live right now is a blessing and our next place could not have these wonderful four acres and privacy and we will be so glad we bought the camper even more when we need a little country and space.
We camped the second half of our trip home with Cameron's parents at a place called Cloud 9 Ranch. It is the most gorgeous place with spring fed streams, pools, horse back riding, about a million other things and the favorite part about it in our family is, you can bring your ATV.
Of course it went by way too fast and we were left hoping for more time, that seems to be the story of our life these days and always, but we had a really really great time and Weston was in heaven if you can imagine and Ally is the resilient baby I have ever seen, and I am so thankful for that :) She just trucked right along with big brother.
Our camper has three bunk beds and that really works out well for us. Ally passed out one morning after breakfast. She sleeps on the very bottom with a rail, which we learned is essential for letting her know it is time to lay down, without it she ends up crawling around the camper smiling and looking for someone to play with :)
Weston sleeps on the middle bunk and we use the top for storage which is wonderful.
Cameron's parents set up there camper to the left of us and the kids LOVED going over to granny's "house" :)
I really loved our set up. Behind us was a big tree covered bluff and the stream.
Ally is in the best stage for taking pictures. She loves to be talked to and everything is a party so therefore she all about posing and having her picture taken, it isn't old news yet like her brother so I am enjoying it will it last.
Everyday we made our way to some form of water, either the creek or the pool. Weston love love loved the rocks and water and playing in the creek.
Ally loved the snacks and splashing in the water :)
She is so independent and wanted to sit all by herself and her grandpa Ron rigged her up the perfect spot to keep in her in her seat and in the shade.
A lot of times when you say "camping" most people give a raised eyebrow and state that they could never do that. And I understand. You have to love the outdoors and have to be willing to work on your vacation and honestly sometimes I am not sure if I am cut out for it either. But one of my favorite or maybe my most favorite thing about camping is just time together. Most other types of vacations you eat out and tend do separate things everyday, camping keeps us close. We still meet around the table each night and when the business of going to the pool and here and there gets tiresome the little ones like being able to retreat to their home away from home a bit and just do the things they normally like to do like snack, play with their toys and just be together.
Camping is a perfect outing for us and I encourage anyone who thinks they might like it to try it. I always said we would just tent camp, I never wanted to buy a camper, but after suffering through a few of the hottest summers EVER I am a fan of a good nights rest in the air beating the Texas heat. But everyone has to start somewhere and we started in a tent and absolutely loved it and cherish those trips so much and now we are really enjoying the camper experience while our kids are little. We are already saving and preparing for our next trip, we are thinking the beach!
So, there you have it, our first camping trip with our camper. I have to say thanks to Cam. :) Without him I would never know how great camping is and our kids would never know either. So thank you hunny for being you and leaving the legacy that you do.
Happy Father's day! We love you!
I went to Cloud 9 when I was little with my Uncle Bob and Aunt Janet and my parents, and I haven't thought about it in the longest time. Maybe it was 23 years ago?
ReplyDeleteI grew up with parents who chose camping instead of hotels, too. I think they chose it for the same reasons you did. We did bikes a lot, which you haven't mentioned, probably because your kids are so small, but we enjoyed that, too.
We enjoyed it until my parents had too tough of a time communicating on setting up the trailer, so it went when I was about 13.
I am not sure I'd like to tent camp - EVER - with children in the summer, but I could do a camper!
I LOVE your swim suit!!! Super cute :o)
ReplyDeleteThe girls loved the pictures :o) They think your kiddos are just as adorable as I do ;o)
I am glad you loved camping! We are buying a camper soon too- just waiting on the guy to get his title back. I am super duper excited!
So glad you had fun! I can't wait to start making fun camping memories - I loved mine from growing up <3
Thank you girls! It was a great time...glad you understand how great it is! Happy summer memories to you both! Cant wait to see and hear of your adventures!!
ReplyDeletexo
Lyss
We are tent campers but were just discussing campers this very evening at dinner! Looks like you all had wonderful time...that water looks beautiful and your children do too! You just don't get to experience the wonder of nature in a hotel. :)
ReplyDeletehow FUN! We love to camp too but haven't been since Colt was born, so we are trying to find a weekend to go. Now that it's so hot though we may have to wait a couple of months. I love your swimming suit, so cute! And your kids are adorable, as always! : )
ReplyDeleteMy suit is from JCP! I love it, it is super comfy! I hope you all get to camp this summer and have a great time with your families!
ReplyDeletexo
Lyss