When I first started this project I had no idea how much it would bless me and help me chronicle the little things that I might otherwise forget about in ordinary days. Another thing I am beginning to notice how each month has a theme and my mind begins to revolve around one event or the other...for instance there has been months of sickness, grief, and now the move will consume the photos I am sure because that is just what we are doing at this time. I hope you enjoy a glimpse into our June around here.....
May 1st
Weston helps mommy by dumping corn husk over the fence while I scurry to make a yummy salad for our family reunion the next morning. That afternoon we left for Missouri :)
May 2nd
The most beautiful evening. Time spent with family celebrating my childhood friend Katy marrying her best friend Andrew. More pictures to come, but as the sun set that night behind the barn I had to step back and take a picture, it was just gorgeous.
May 3rd
A great day on the farm, complete with amazing food, thanks mom. This was my contribution, fruit salad :)
May 4th
My mom making the best fried chicken I have ever had after the perfect day playing at the creek and on the farm.
May 5th
We went to see my great grandpa and this was his garden. He is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G gardener and I was blown away at how massive and good it looked. So much to learn from our elders. I am so thankful we were finally able to go by and see him, he is a great man and it means so much to me that he was finally able to see my kids.
May 6th
Leaving the farm and pulling our camper for the first time. A bittersweet day for me. It is always hard to leave the farm, but so excited to go camping for the first time with our camper as a family.
May 7th
A perfect evening camping :) Table set, wine ready and steaks getting ready to be put on the grill, just perfect!
May 8th
Their first campfire together, lots of fun :) These are the little moments that make life so great!
May 9th
Ally's granny made her her very own ice cream cone for the first time...she did pretty good and loved every minute of it!
May 11th
Made it home from our trip just in time to sign daddies birthday card and wish him happy birthday!
May 14th
I couldn't help it. We had to get them :)
May 15th
A busy day. Out one way to see a friend and then back the other to meet family down at the River Walk. I laughed when this happened, God has such a sense of humor. Sometimes you have to slow down and let the ducks cross.
May 17th
Daddies first Father's day with both of our little ones. Started our morning with cards and gifts :)
May 18th
Finally received my package from Katie Daisy, including a wedding gift and fun new pretties for my desk.
May 19th
Oh how we loved our new friend the walking stick! It is so much fun for me as a mom to watch Weston grow and learn and become so interested in things. The past few months his eagerness to learn has really blossomed and it makes my heart so happy and I catch myself always looking for teachable moments!
May 20th
Summer bible study notes. Refreshment to my week...much needed refreshment and perspective.
May 21st
Boy do we love popsicles this summer, we have one every evening, sister included!
May 22nd
Again I laugh. This squirrel felt the same way I did that night. I found him on our fence just like this. We found out the night before that we had to move, in two weeks and I spent every spare minute that day looking for a house and calling and arranging appointments to see them...it was exhausting and I felt just like this guy :)
May 23rd
Sweet Ally...I started calling her Calamity Jane...she is quite the dare devil and made this momma a first timer to the ER during my motherhood journey. I have a feeling we will be there most with her. So thankful that she was ok and the teeth werent busted all the way out and she didnt have to have any procedures done. (Bad phone pic:)
May 24th
Someone decided they love to swim this summer.
May 25th
A happy little stack. I started writing cards to friends that we have met here that we will miss so much.
May 26th
Finally mastered holding a crayon right and man do we love it! Coloring machine!
May 27th
My friend Abby is having her fourth girl. I spent the day in the kitchen making chicken tortellini for them and I had the best helper and she brought back so many memories of her brother doing this about a million times a day.
May 29th
Cameron came home at noon to meet the movers. He got the rest of the afternoon off and let me sneak out for some mommy time. I headed to Comfort, TX and bought my weight and worth in candles along with a few other treasures, it was so great and I love little times when I can get out like this and enjoy some time to myself and come back with fresh new perspective.
May 30th
A perfect way to end the day/month if you ask me. Baby toes peeking out of pink and white polka dot ruffles.
Blessings to you all! I hope you had a great Holiday!
xo,
Lyss
No comments:
Post a Comment