So, are you about tired of vacation pictures yet? Sorry ... I have actually been taking a little break from the normals and those were easy and I know our families have been enjoying them a lot!
Truth is, I have been simplifying this week.
If you know me very well...or you are my mom you know that sometimes I dont take very good care of myself.
I felt my best when I was pregnant and I think it was because I was taking such good care of myself.
So, this week I have been eating three good meals a day.
Doing a little bit more reading and a little less interneting ;)
I have been organzing....
Cooking, but I havent made it too hard on myself this week. Sometimes I think everything has to be homemade and over the top...and it doesnt :)
In all honesty I am/was exhausted.
Cameron would get home in the evenings and I could barely keep my eyes open.
So, I have even been napping.
It was like GOd just layed it on my heart..."if you take better care of yourself you will be able to take better care of your boys"
So that is what I have been doing.
....
I wanted to share a little something with you that I have just loved...
Cameron bought me a little devotional a few years back and this one stopped me in my tracks...
"Are you a woman in a hurry? If so, you may be in for a few disappointments. Why? Because life has a way of unfolding according to its own timetable, not yours. That's why life requires patience....and lots of it!"
Most of us are impatient for God to grant us the desires of his heart. Usually, we know what we want, and we know precisely when we want it: right now, if not sooner. But God may have other plans, And when God's plans differ from our own, we must trust in His infinite wisdom and in His infinite love.
Lamentations 3:25 reminds us that, "The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him and seek Him" (NIV) But, for most of us, waiting quietly is difficult because we're in such hurry for things to happen!
THe next time you find your patience tested to the limit, slow down, take a deep breath, and relax, Sometimes life can't be hurried-and during those times, patience is indeed a priceless virtue."
Taken from: 100 Days of Praise, For Women
You know how we are ladies...
We want another baby...and we dont even really want to wait another nine months...
or even long enough to conceive one
We would like our mini-van, but dont want to wait to save up for it.
Could our hair grow out a little faster please??
We just wish our babies would hurry up and sleep all night...
Your heart is waiting for something and you just cant hardly stand for God to show it to you in his timing...
We want to be out of debt
Our hearts to heal
and the perfect pair of shoes
Gheesh... thank goodness for a paitent God
don't you know he just laughs at the little whirl winds we are :)
(oh and by the way...I am not saying I want all these things...they are just examples :))
Anyway, I just thought I would share this in case you are a mommy like me.
I am feeling more rested already.
My heart is calm in the fact that God's timing is not only perfect... it will bring what is perfect for me and intended for my heart and the course he has for me
I pray you have a restful and relaxful day.
I encourage you to clean out spaces in your home that cause you disfunction and stress.
Make dinner easy on yourself tonight...Buitoni pasta's are always my saving grace...they are worth a few extra dollars
Simplify...some things can wait
your house doesnt have to be perfect
or your dinner
or anything
just take some time and slow down
Catch up on those things that have been hanging over your head
Take a little time to delight in yourself.
Lay out, read, rest, paint your nails, eat some chocolate, take some pretty pictures
whatever gets you
and dont forget to pray


I most definetley needed this post today. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI needed it, too. I am impatient and a perfectionist. I think I will go declutter and stop internetting for today.
ReplyDelete