Was one of those days :(
Didnt start out that way...
The house was smelling great...(roast in the crock...french dips for dinner)
Talked to grandma for awhile in the afternoon...her surgery went well
And I even got to talk to my brother Blake...
And then out of no where it started...
Weston faught his afternoon nap like craZy...FINALLY he went to sleep and thirty minutes later I hear him...go in there and he pulled his diaper off and peed in his bed
(come on mom, I am eight months old you should know better than to lay me down in a t-shirt and diaper...I am smarter than that now)
So there went finishing the housework...
Time to take the roast out and I overcooked it...dry :(
Then Cam calls...he is working late
Just when I wanted to sit down and ball my eyes out ( i know what you are thinking...what would you do if you had real problems...but hey for a stay at home mom who was cooped up all day this stuff is a big deal ;)
I remembered those verses I had been reading over and over trying to inscribe them in my heart...the ones about strength, praise, and self control
and I said ok, we are going on a picnic
I do this a lot...When I am about to blow I come up for air
Usually we go for a walk, but it was time for dinner and I was too drained to walk
So we grabbed the quilt, basket of books and our dinner and to the back yard we went
we read books....
watched for birdies (Weston's fav)
we even had ants :)
i relaxed...and breathed little prayers...
After I read Weston this book he picked it up and acted like he was reading it...jabbered through it and everything...
and turned the pages (can you tell we read a lot??)
messes dont matter on picnics...
I dont know who had more fun...me
or him....
No matter what fails...GOd is still God
"His love endures forever"
sometimes it just takes a picnic to remind me :)


Oh how I love his adorable smile in the last picture!!!!!!!! Tooooooo cute!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd dinner looked super yummy!!! I am coming over next time you have it ;o)
And I so know what you mean about your day - we have those too! And walks usually help me too :o)
Miss you like crazy!
Isn't it AMAZING how the little things in life can completely relax you? Hope you have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend:)
ReplyDeleteLove you!