Tuesday, December 21, 2010

JOY

I woke up early

Grabbed my cup of coffee



rounded up my tape



and set in to wrap our gifts

I picked up paper in October at IKEA for a whole 99 cents a role and I just gathered ribbons and such when I would see them on sale



I surrounded myself with pretty things :)


and took my time making each one special and different


I thoroughly enjoyed wrapping our gifts this year




and right in the middle of my wrapping I begin to think of Jesus

and how excited our Heavenly Father must have been to prepare Him for His life on Earth for US



And how he anticipates all the gifts he gives us
 
Our Children
Sweet Friends
New members to our families
 
Sunrises
Sunsets
Full Moons
 
The miracles of everyday little things


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"James 1:17


I am so thankful for Christmas, the night our Savior was born. Because I know how much I am in need of Christmas, in need of a savior.

So thankful for grace

So thankful for a God so powerful He can create this universe and every person in it
and still care about when I get my feelings hurt or my small but heavy weighing prayer request

I am so thankful for a God who holds all the answers

Yet is so wise he does not reveal them

I am so thankful for a God a who is never late, but always right on time

I am so thankful for a God who loves me so much He sent His own





He is mighty to save.







2 comments:

  1. Such BEAUTIFUL wrapping!!!! I love it :o)
    You make your house so beautiful and perfect.... I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I was sick yesterday when I read it, and I had a lot of time for reflection as I lay on the couch looking at our tree. What a great point that you brought up that GOD was excited about his present of a son to us! I can identify with so much more of GOd's character as a mother, especially now that I've had a season of buying fun presents for my own child. I cannot believe that God can love me as much (MORE, of course!) as I love Daniel, and it is just such a humbling notion.

    Lovely photos, too!

    If you ever have to travel between families for Christmases and pack your car with lots of gifts... I suggest doing the exact same thing with basic wrapping and two different ribbon colors! I did that last year and it was so much easier to keep track of what went where! I am sure you'll soon have that dilemma, because I bet you can't stay in TX forever! We have SNOW coming on Christmas eve here in MO!!! Come on, you have to miss that!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails