This time last year
I never had cute tennis shoes lying in my kitchen floor
or cheerios in my own shoes
I never bought animal crackers or apple juice
I never thought a gap in between front teeth was the cutest thing ever
I never kept a tractor handy in my purse
I didnt know what Johnson's Bedtime Lotion smelled like
I had never even heard of Polyvisol
I had never lied eyes on the most beautiful baby in the world
I had never held your sweet little body close
I had never been a mom before, that is until a year ago tomorrow
Dear Weston,
Tomorrow is your day. The day God decided to bring you into this world. Make not mistake about it, you were planned in the most beautiful way. You are the happiest and sweetest child I have ever met. You have made me a better woman. You have blessed my life since the day I found out you were in my womb. You are the best Christmas gift I have ever recieved.
I have made it my job to be your teacher and care taker day in and day out. Somedays, I fail, but our God's grace is always sufficient. He is always there with a lending ear and encouragement that is more powerful than anything you will ever experience.
I hope and pray to teach you many things in the years to come. But the thing I hope you learn the most is to follow God's way for your life. It will be one of the greatest days of my life when you except Jesus into your heart. Your daddy and I pray for your walk and journey as a boy and then a man daily. There is no greater gift than we can give you than the Truth.
Happy Birthday my sweet child! I love you to the moon and back 100 times.
Love,
Momma

Happy First Birthday, sweet boy!!! You are a special gift from God :) You are very loved, Weston!!! Enjoy your special day together..much love to you all!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sweet Weston! I hope you guys have a great day!
ReplyDelete