Thursday, April 14, 2011

Much to be done

I will be honest here, I have been overwhelmed since we got back

 I was scurrying around trying to get Easter eggs filled, laundry done, bathroom cleaned, unpack and then re-pack; plus all the other normals...breakfast, lunch, and dinner....dirty diapers...making beds....etc.

Then I got a phone call from my mom saying that my grandpa (dad's dad) had cancer. My heart broke.

Earlier that morning my lifelong friend Nel told me her grandma had breast cancer (she taught me Sunday School as a girl).

And just earlier that week another family member told me Cameron's Aunt (whom I adore) is battling with cancer.

My heart was and still is overwhelmed with pain for all the ones I love who are receiving and dealing with this trajic news.

Their battles are fierce now once that they have this illness. I have never gone through it, so therefore I can only imagine the pain they are feeling and facing.



I laid Weston down for his afternoon nap, made myself a cup of coffee and just sat in silence.

All of a sudden those chores and things hanging over my head didnt seem so demanding.

I thought about what I would do had I just received news that I had cancer.

Would I call my son crying?
Would I be mad?
Would I go buy that red dress?

In all honesty I would probably hit my knees. So that is what I did for these people that I love.

God is the same today and yesterday and He is bigger than cancer.He is our strength and our shield and although this disease is relentless and certainly not fair neither was Jesus dying on the cross.

If anyone understands it is Him.

My heart is broken for them and also urged to love on them. I have been rounding up cards and mustering up courage to call my grandpa. Thoughts and sweet words only go so far, but a phone call saying you care can make or break a tough hour.

I dont want to be known as a woman who always had her housework done I want to be known as a woman who always did the Lords work.

I dont know why I chose to share this with you, but the words for a post kept filling my head and heart until it was too full and I had to put it down, I had to release.

If you are suffering from heartache from similar news I am so so sorry and I hope that your find your strength and hope from our Lord.

"I lift my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth."
Psalms 121:1-2


Sorry to have such a heavy hearted post, but I want this blog to be real and not just sugar coated all the time. Sometimes life isnt all watertables, parties, and homemade cookies.




1 comment:

  1. Lyss, Thanks so much for that post! You have got a beautiful heart! I was reminded that I stress about my housework and chores too...I shouldn't be to busy to do God's work...Thanks for making me think!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails