Last night I was laying in bed before I fell asleep and you began to move.
I smiled and told you goodnight.
I cant believe that we are half way through the waiting period before we get to meet you.
I cant believe we find out if you are a boy or girl next week.
Here we are at 14 weeks, crazy that it was almost six weeks ago when I took this picture.
You have been keeping me busy with all the eating and resting I have been doing for us.
I was just beginning to see signs of you growing here, I felt "so big" and I laugh now, because I few short weeks later you begin staking your ground.
It is obvious I have a child in my belly right now and I love that.
Pregnancy fits me I guess.
Around this period I still struggled a bit with not feeling well and one night I decided to rest after dinner.
Your big brother crawled up in the chair with me to keep me company. He knew something was not right with his mommy and did all his sweet little body could do to comfort me.
I know without a doubt he will be the same with you.
He doesnt know it yet, but he is going to have a new favorite person here in a few months :)
He and I spend most of our days at home and I think it is where we both enjoy being the most.
I hope you like it here. I am sure you will make it your own in your own little sweet way just like your brother has.
I have began preparing for your arrival already. Thoughts of that special day fill my head constantly and I cant help to both get excited and for my heart to fill with complete joy and anticipation.
I love going to your doctor's appointments and hearing your little heart and even sometimes we get to see you.
You move a lot and I like that. I like knowing that you are there. I catch myself holding my belly all the time and daydream about having a newborn in our home again.
It is amazing to me how much I already love you and how close to you I feel although I have never seen your face and we havent decided on your name yet.
My love is still there and still strong and that is part of what being a mom is all about.
God gives you a heart for your children and you didnt even ask for it.
Another one of His gracious gifts.
And here we are last week.
All of a sudden you just really popped out there :)
Last week was also the first time I felt you somersault.
It was right before your daddy got home and I was sitting in the recliner (you and i will spend a lot of time there I am sure:)
I feel you move all the time, but daddy is yet to get to feel you.
He held his hand on my belly for a really long time the other day hoping to get to, but you must have been sleeping.
So here we are little one, nineteen weeks. Before long we will be swimming and I bet you will like that as well as mommy's tired body. I am trying to teach your big brother to say "baby" so when you get here he and you can chat.
We cant wait to meet you and share you with our family. You will make the big trip to Missouri almost the exact same age as your brother did for the first time.
You are so special because you are you and because God made you and we cant wait to be a part of your little life.
All my love,
Momma
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him"
1 Samuel 1:27




Alyssa this is the sweetest letter!!!! I was thinking the other day of when you get to find out, I couldn't remember the exact date. I LOVE your belly pics :o) They make me smile and I really hope we get to have a pic of our bellys together while you are home! Corey and I think I am growing WAY faster this time than with either girl. I love that you feel your baby move all the time and it's such an amazing feeling... I too love it! And I long for the day that Corey and the girls get tofeel it too! Libby, when she was in my belly would kick or move everytime she heard Corey... it was crazy, but he could come over and put his hand on my belly and she would move everytime. I loved that and so did he! Abby.... was a different story - but responded more to Libby's voice ;o)
ReplyDeleteI have rambled enough.... Gosh I can't wait to see you!!!!!!
Love ya!
Nel
Oh, and you look beautiful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was so sweet, it made me tear up! You look so cute & I'm really excited to find out what you're having, just a a few more days! : )
ReplyDelete