Little lady has moved all day. I have felt her move constantly and I like that. It stirs something inside me and makes me excited to meet her and love on her. It somehow brings me back to joyous anticipation instead of the crazy anxieties (that don't matter) about juggling two children.
We have had a busy summer...started by a busy spring. And I know everyone is busy, but I start to shut down a little if Weston and I don't get our days at home. I feel like time is going to fast and I cant keep up. I feel like he is growing up on me and I am not getting to enjoy it enough. Sounds crazy, but I think he feels the same way. He loves to go, he loves his family, he loves people and trying new things, but nothing beats coming home, and I see it every time we return. Whether it be from a day trip or a month long visit to Missouri.
So, after Colorado I decided I was going to get organized and find some balance in my day to day. It is amazing how much time you can lose when you stay home...it's hard to explain if you have never done it, but if you are a stay at home mom I am sure you can reason with me here.
Anyway, I made a schedule...kind of. I basically decided I was going to clean my whole house on Mondays. I tried doing one thing each day and it never worked, so on Mondays we work. We work hard and I am beat and Weston is bored by the time daddy gets home. He enjoys the cleaning at first...he loves to push the buttons on the washer and dryer and help me load and unload the dishwasher and fold laundry, but after awhile he is ready for activities. But that is life and a lesson that is good for him to learn at a young age, you have to work, sometimes it isn't fun, but that is life and even though he doesn't have any responsibility now, momma does so, on Monday's we clean. After a trip it usually takes Monday and Tuesday because there is so much laundry and dust gathered, but usually we whip it out and that's that.
I wrote down all the activities I wanted to do with Weston this summer. There were so many things I wanted to try to do with him and let him experience and I felt like they wouldn't all fit into our week.
All of this organizing and balance was done so I could enjoy our summer and our day to day more. I want to savor every minute with Weston. It blows my mind how much he has changed in this past year and really blows me away that he will be 2 on his birthday. I don't want to have any regrets whatsoever about our time together. I want to savor it and enjoy it and never take it for granted.
And that is what I have been doing. I can honestly say that I have slept in the recliner with him each morning this week so far. Maybe not for his whole nap, but at least for part of it. I have enjoyed his laughs and smiles and teaching him his ABC's. I have treasured every little step he takes and even every little mess his makes.
I have never been so happy. Sometimes I feel as if things are too wonderful and I am always giving praise because I know exactly where all of these gifts come from.
Our activities so far have included side walk chalk paint and going to the movies for the first time :)
Weston doesn't care a whole lot about sidewalk chalk. He will scribble for a bit and the move onto his car or 4 wheeler, but he LOVED the sidewalk chalk paint.
It is easy to make. We made blue and green. It is 1/4 cup corn starch and 1/4 cup water and food coloring.
He loved the sponge brush, but there was a bit of confusion about the term "brush". He would wipe his hair with it and look at me confused like "Are you sure this a brush mom"?
Of course there were Cozy Coupe breaks and unfortunately one accident :) but this provided some good afternoon entertainment.
Sister bear was there too....
Filling in our heart....
We accidentally dumped blue :(
It has been really hot here, like over 100 degrees everyday. So when mommy cant handle the heat we find other activities to partake in. Last week we loaded up on a little date to the movies.
You are probably thinking I am crazy and I questioned myself a bit, but when I saw there was a cars too ( I LOVED the first one) I wanted to take Weston so bad. AND I got a free movie ticket with some diapers I bought him so it seemed meant to be.
He was happy...don't know why he is making this face...probably because I interrupted his driving.
We were escorted to the box office by a golf cart and Weston thought that was pretty awesome!
He loved the movie. When we first sat down he sat on the very edge of my lap. He would point the the screen and clap and then lay back on me as if saying "Oh wow this awesome".
And it was.
I used to go the movies all the time when I was a single lady and I loved making a dinner out of popcorn and a soda. And to be honest it was a bit hard for me to walk by the snack counter, but I did it!
HE got a bit antsy towards the end, but so did I. I always do with animated movies, but we made it all the way through and he never fell asleep.
It is a super cute movie and I laughed out loud a bunch, but the best part was my date :)
This week hasn't been nearly as exciting. We have just done paper projects.
I think this picture is so funny...
I was trying to get one of both of us working on our little projects and right before it snapped he looked up at the blinking light.
His little face looks to be saying "Hey mom, your camera is blinking at me"
I made paper lanterns for the 4th of July and Weston colored, snacked on crayons and threw all of our supplies in the floor (several times).
It was a great afternoon. Such good times together before daddy gets home.
Weston is all about his daddy lately, all about him.
I fell asleep in the recliner last night, it happens :)
And they went outside and explored and done things that mommies don't do (especially pregnant) like ride four wheelers, and mow grass and walk around in the woods.
The past two nights when Cameron gets home and I am finishing up dinner Weston has been doing this....
He loves on his daddy, and I don't know about you, but I think this makes Cameron want to drive home at a record speed, and I would too :)
He lays his head on his shoulder and pats his back.
These are the days I just know it, I just feel it.
They are wonderful.
The other day I can across this quote:
"Success is waking up in the morning and bounding out of bed because there is something out there that you love to do, that you believe in, that you are good at
Something that is bigger than you are,
and you cant hardly wait to get at it again"
Honestly, this is how I feel every night before I go to bed. Thinking about starting a day gets me all excited and I have a hard time falling asleep!
It is the greatest feeling in the world to get to do exactly what your heart has always wanted to do.
And I owe a big thanks to Cam.
Thank you so much for working so hard for us and giving me this gift.
I love you and appreciate you and all you do for us so much.


I sooooo want to see Cars 2!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics! And we just might have to make some sidewalk paint too! I bet the boys would have fun with that too!
It is crazy to think that your baby will be 2.... it flies by!
Hope you are feeling great!
Miss you!!!
~Nel
I love the sidewalk paint! I'm totally going to do that with Colt, what a great idea! You are such a brave woman taking Weston to the movies! That's awesome that he did so well! And I know exactly what you mean about being a stay at home mom, I absolutely love it and I really look forward to every day, it's such an incredible feeling! I was just thinking about this yesterday and how much I love the freedom and flexibility staying at home gives me, I could never imagine working & being a mom! You've worded it all perfectly!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME sidewalk paint idea :) My girls have got some as a gift before but it is expensive :) I am definitely going to have to mix some up for them! Have a great 4th!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!