Monday, June 20, 2011

We are back....

Hello there. We are back from Colorado. We drove all night Saturday and rolled in about eight thirty yesterday morning.



Cameron unloaded the car, showered and headed to bed. He drove most of the way and I just assisted with a short drive before we stopped for dinner and then I drove from two thirty until five thirty in the morning.

Weston was so happy to be home. He immediately took to playing with the same toys the same way he did one week before.

And as I watched I realized how much he grew up that trip. He was acting so big and grown up and I couldnt help but think about how good our first big family vacation was just as good for him as it was for his momma and daddy.

Something special happened between him and his daddy. They bonded in a new way and came home closer than before we left.



He turned eighteen months while we were gone and is officially a toddler. He saw mountains, snow, elk, moose, and hiked a mountain for the first time.

He is a big boy. Who likes his momma to rock him to sleep, but wants to walk everywhere else on his own.

He wore out his first pair of hiking boots and roasted a marshmallow for the first time.

He rode in a car seat for three thousand miles and never quite lost his cool (amazing).

He makes everything better, sweeter and a little bit more work.

Our family vacations and outings have taken on new meaning and all of a sudden seem much more fun than ever before.



So, we are home now. I have done six loads of laundry so far, changed four poopy diapers (somebody is relaxed:), cooked dinner, made a cake, cleaned my kitchen and now I am preparing for Weston's eighteen month doctor appointment.

Back to reality. Back to hard work and really hot temperatures.

Back to our little life. The same life as we left, but now we are coming back to it as different people. Grown up, changed, happy and refreshed. The moutains will do that to ya.

More pictures to come, but for now this day dreaming momma has to finish her coffee and get ready to hike head across town for her big boys doctor appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails