Hey ya'all! I am so excited to be here sharing these pictures with you today. I have wanted to post them for awhile, but I have been saving them for this day, because.....
It is my dad's 50th birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!!
My dad is one of the neatest people I know and most people that meet him instantly love him.
He is a big ball of fun. It was him that rode the roller coasters and taught me how to dance (he is a great dancer).
He loves his family more than anything and he and my mom are the most giving people I know.
It was a childhood dream of his to have a farm in Highgate and he worked hard and made that dream come to life along with my momma's help and God's grace.
Cameron and I were married there almost five years ago.
He taught me how to work hard and how to put your family first.
I have inherited his love for pictures, country music, time with family, westerns and laughter.
I love my dad so much and as I keep thinking about his day I think about his gifts, the gifts our Heavenly Father has graced him with.
The pictures I am sharing today to celebrate him show one of his gifts so perfectly.
In the past few years I have seen first hand how God gifts people with things that fit their circumstances. My kids are very blessed to have WONDERFUL grandparents on both sides and each of them (grandparents) has a special gift that I believe was given to them for the very reason that we live away...so our children will know them and love them.
For example, my mother in law is wonderful with babies and my kids love her from the time they are tiny tiny infants and she is able to bond with them at such a young age.
My dad's would be playing.
I took these of he and Weston while we were home over Thanksgiving. I caught them playing in my childhood playhouse:)
He has the most tender, childlike heart I have ever seen. The way he plays with Weston is so neat and special and encourages me to "get down" in the floor with him more, because it doesn't come as natural to me, but I see how much he loves it! Weston loves playing with my brother's childhood tractors with dad while we are at the farm.
(Dad and Weston visiting while mom and I shop Historic St Charles last April)
He takes a genuine interest in the kiddos and plays what they want to play.
That is something he inherited from his mother, she was the same way when I was a little girl. I remember dragging every project I made in third grade out to show her one night and she was just as excited about the fifteenth as she was the first.
She would eat anything out of my easy bake oven that I concocted and never showed a disinterest at all.
He is so much like her, and I am so much like him :)
My dad has so many great qualities as man, father and now as a Papa that I wish I was closer so that I could show him just how much I love him and how special I think he is... and so I could apologize for announcing on here that he is fifty today :) (she grins)
Anyway... Dad, I just want you to know that we love you and I admire you in so many ways. You mean the world to me and my little family and we are so thankful to have you in our lives as well as our family.
You did a wonderful job being the father to a very stubborn, wreck less driving young lady and are a wonderful Papa to my sweet babies.
I am so proud to be your one and only daughter! Happy Birthday!
Love you more!

You made me cry!
ReplyDeleteI love you daddy too!
He is such a special guy....
He sounds like a wonderful man, and you sound like a wonderful daughter. Happy Birthday to your dad! :)
ReplyDelete