Friday, March 23, 2012

What a week......



It has been a great week here! I guess after a difficult week we just push that much harder to make it a go and have good days :)

One thing I have learned is that it helps to have some form of activity in the morning...not meaning going somewhere everyday, but something to do each morning and occasionally getting out and about.  I want to get Weston some sand to play in and eventually we can do a water table again too :)
This week was a particularly busy week with MOPS (it's once a month) and then my new bible study. But our activity yesterday was story time and today we walked ALL THE WAY down to the playground in the neighborhood by our house.







Sissy usually takes her thirty minute morning nap while we do our morning activity. She doesn't sleep much in the morning, but she takes about the same nap (she sleeps a little longer) as Weston in the afternoon so I am not complaining :)



We came back home and had pizza and veggies for lunch :) Weston has been eating so good and any momma knows it is such a good thing when your kids want to eat!

Sissy kept smacking her lips while we ate so we gave her a piece of celery to gum on!


Still no teeth, but she has quite the appetite for everything but peas! She had oatmeal this morning and was able to keep it down unlike the rice.Thank goodness, for some reason rice doesn't agree with sweet girl!

After lunch I watered all my flowers and Weston helped!




Yesterday afternoon Ally got to swing outside for the first time.







While Ally was swinging Weston kept running away (I think he knew I had to stay right there with her and couldn't stop him:) so I loaded them both up and took them for a ride in the Rhino before dinner. After we were finished riding and I pulled back into the driveway Weston looked up at me and gave me a look like "Thanks mom, you're the greatest"
I love that look.

I am well aware that the best way to bond with your kids is to do the things that THEY enjoy. Weston and I have a good time together doing little things I plan for us, but like with anyone the best way for them to feel loved and cherished is to let them pick and do what they want with them. Like riding the Rhino or hiking the woods in my case :)



Rocks are the coolest thing.
and one more thing.... Weston can only wear those boots if he doesn't wear socks, but he still insists on wearing them :)

Ally's walker has become and outside toy because Weston makes sure to load her up with her equal share of rocks and dirt :)

She toodles around with him and I think it helps him stay closer to the house when she is out there...like he has someone to play with :)

I like that.



My heart is full this week.





The kind of full where you know you are doing something important, something that someday you will miss very much and tears will fill your eyes when you look back on those precious days.

I, like most hate hard days and days when things don't go as I hope and I struggle, but I know without a doubt that without those days I wouldn't be stretched and I wouldn't grow as a mother, wife and woman.

In my new bible study we are studying 1,2,3 John and in chapter one John strongly urges the readers of his epistle to not love the world because it is fleeting and temporary.

I think in a sense we all know that, but I think for the most part we are caught up and in the day to day and just "get by".

The last question our teacher asked was this:
"What in this study is running after you and laying hold of your heart?What do you need to do with what you've learned here?

Mine was letting go of temporary things.

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives FOREVER"
1 John 2:17

Raising children is the will of the Lord and I know without a doubt that this very well could be the biggest thing I ever do, it could be my biggest mission raising these two babies.

Clothes get old.
Your home and possessions can be wiped away in minutes
How many friends you have on facebook wont mean a thing
Popularity is temporary


These things and more can easily become temporary things that keep us distracted from fulfilling our duties for the Lord.

I am sharing this with you because it has blessed me, blessed me so much.

There is nothing better than walking in the truth and working so hard for something that will be with you eternally.

I am sure that all of you in one form or another are being called to do some form of work for our Lord.

Maybe it's mothering, maybe it's taking care of your mother, or maybe it's taking care of your brother, maybe it is providing for your family, or maybe it is serving in your church. Or maybe it is something just as simple as turning off American Idol and praying for a family that God has pressed upon your heart.

When we let the "temporary things" distract us is when the purposeful things seem hard.

Don't let them steal your joy and don't waste your time and energy on those things that will fade.

Our teacher asked us one more question before we closed on Wednesday and I want to share it with you as a little "food for thought" if you will :)

She said "Think back to last Easter; you are a different person than you were then I am sure"
"What kind of person do you want to see next Easter?"

Have a GREAT weekend everyone! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails