The few days we were able to spend at my parents farm were absolutely wonderful. I love being there. I love that way of life and the simplicity of it all, and I think my kids do too. I didn't go to bed before midnight and I think Weston was up around six every morning but the last because he was so excited.
The Sunday after we got in my mom had our family over so for dinner and on Monday we went to a nearby creek.
Weston's favorite part of the creek was the dump trucks and dozer in and out :)
My mom and dad both took off that Monday and Tuesday and I am so thankful that they did. Cameron and dad are visiting in the shade here.
Missouri is gorgeous and I never really noticed until I was gone.
Ally is such a trooper. She is happy wherever we go. I like that about her :)
Weston tried his hand at fishing with Halle's pole :)
And that evening we came home and mom fried chicken. An end to a perfect day :)
Weston LOVED playing in my dad's combine. Blake started it to give him a ride and he was done, too loud I guess :) Maybe next time!
Blake still took it for a spin and Macy rode along and eventually got to drive.
Bailey drove me around to take pictures :)
And later caught a mouse to scare his sisters. My oh my do they bring back memories of Blake and I terrorizing each other!
The week after we got married I remember rushing out to the farm in my new car Cam bought me as a wedding gift. As I reached our drive my heart was overtaken and I cried.
I cried because it was beautiful.
I cried because my time here was over.
I love to go back and visit, but it isn't my home anymore, it's where I grew up and I still love it so.
Someday I hope to have a place like this, but until then I will take my kids back as much as I can and pray that this way of life pours into their soul the way it did mine.
God has a different plan for all of us and mine is nothing like I expected, but in my heart I know it is exactly what I was designed for and I know I couldn't do it if I wouldn't have started here:
I will end with my favorite picture of the day:
Halle and Annie took Ally for a walk and she fell asleep. Precious girls I love you.

Love all the pictures!!! Westons trunks are adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteYour post made me cry.
Your parents farm is like my dream... some day I hope to have a set up similar to finish raising our kids on, that is a goal of Corey and I's to have a farm someday, someday...
Glad you had such a great time while home!