Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dear Husband....

...I would like a farm for Mothers Day

Truth is, I have been day dreaming about having a farm a lot lately. Some day I hope for Weston to be able to slop around in the mud in his little rubber boots and feed a bottle to his baby calf (like I used to do).
I enjoy hard work, pretty sunrises, the smell of the hayfield, baby calves running around and...so the list goes on.
I grew up on a farm and even showed cows when I was younger. I am so thankful for the memories and lessons the farm taught me.
I am not complaining...just sharing a dream with you and I know deep down in my heart when God says it is right my dream will come true. But for now I just have to dream and visit my parents farm as much as I can and let the pictures try to fill the void in the mean time.
I can't till up half of a field and plant enough veggies to feed my family for half of the year, BUT I can grow some tomatoes, flowers and herbs in a city in little pots :)
My husband can't hike around in the woods anytime he wants and shoot whatever is in season, but we can enjoy the view of an occasional deer strolling by our back yard and gracing us with its presence.

For those of you who do have the small town, rural atmosphere my encouragement is: enjoy it, treasure it, and love it. It isnt that way everywhere.

So for now, I am going to sip some tea from my "farmgirl mug" and enjoy some of my favorite pictures of the farm that I grew up loving so much and hope that you enjoy them too.



This is home.

Me and my very first cow. Hannah

At a fair with Hannah...she was a beauty we took it all home that fair :)


My brother Blake loading the elevator a few summers back during hay season


OH how I love driving up that road :)

Cam and I were married there almost three years ago (time flies!)

Have a beautiful day
Love,
Lyss

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails