Well, If you have ever picked fresh strawberries you know that they go down hill fast...very fast. We have enjoyed them so much, but today I had to make use of them or they would go to waste...and I hate to waste ;)
So here is the outcome. I made Jam for the first time in my life...all by myself. 800 miles from any of the women I would usually have help me with this or call for advice and ya know what? It really isnt that hard! I am pretty proud...all my jars sealed :) To make my berries stretch I decided to make a mixed berry jam! God must have been smiling on my shoulder when I picked the rest of the berries out in the store because the rasberries smelled amazing and tasted even better...they added a great kick to my jam! Now, If I only knew someone in this city ((One of the largest in the US)) to give it to.... ;) Just have to wait to give it to my lovies back home I guess...and hey ya never know, I could meet a friend :)
I also made muffins and tarts. I remember the first time I went to Whole Foods I bought Cam and I each a tart from their bakery. After dinner that night I said "Ok I have a special treat" I brought out the wonderful little pieces of heaven and he said " OK so what do we do with these....can we eat them"? Smile
Weston is doing great! Cam and I gave him cereal for the first time tonight and well, we are going to need some practice :) Oh and he pooped in the bath tub for the first time tonight...yeah how exactly do we handle this?? :) With a smile and put him in the sink then to bed and then sanitize everything that is green ;) And then of course blog about it and how proud you are to be his mommy. He is perfection, something I do not deserve, but am thankful to be blessed with and I pray everyday that I do a job that would make my Father proud and Weston feel loved.
Good night.
Love,
Lyss
bet you want some ;)
the fruits of my labor ;)
Smile. Isnt this sweet.
Big day for daddy... he took WEston for a ride on his 4 wheeler (for the first time:)
What a lucky husband!!! Look at all that yummy food :o)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!!!