My First Mother's Day
It was great.
Different than I expected, but still good.
I was blessed with pretty cards
wine
flowers
a sweet necklace I still havent taken off
slobbery kisses
hugs
words that usually go unsaid
time with the many wonderful moms in my life
2 pennys
it was special, sweet and I thank everyone for making it so great
I don't love being a mom, I love being WESTON'S mom.
If it wasnt for him I wouldnt love it at all.
He is more than I deserve and I am thankful.
I am thankful to get to celebrate such a special day.
I am thankful for his smiles, laughs, bubbles, hugs, hair pulls, kicks, cries, and sleepy eyes.
I am proud to be his mother, he is a wonderful baby boy who I love and cherish everyday.
Thank you Weston for letting me be your mommy.
I love you.
We had a wonderful time at home...truly wonderful.
We got back to Texas this morning with sleep eyes, heavy hearts, and lots of laundry.
I am so thankful that we both love our families so much.
I am so thankful, that even though I know not even one other woman here that there are many who
love, pray, cherish, and think of me and my sweet family daily.
One of the many things that I love most about being a mommy...that I didnt expect
is teaching Weston
I love teaching him each and every day
and while we were home he got introduced to baby lambs for the first time..
My mother-in-law Linda sent me a "Mommy email" today and I just had to share it with you
It touched my heart in a big way and I pray it does yours too...
Before I was A Mom
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom...
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom...
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom...
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom...
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom...
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom
May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life.
Happy Mother's Day today and everyday.
I am sooooo glad we got to see each other while you were down!!! I really had a great time being at your mom and dads!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had a great Mother's Day!
I too love the mommy email that you got - and it has a whole new meaning once you are a mommy :o)
Miss you already!
Beatiful Blog! Glad that you had a great time!
ReplyDelete