The other day when I was walking down the street I heard people speaking two languages other than English, on more than one occasion and I had to smile.
If you would have told me when I was ten years old...or even as I graduated high school that when I turned 24 I would be living 800 miles from the only home I have ever known and not know a single sole or live in a house so close to your neighbors you could almost touch them both at the same time I would have said "Not me, you got the wrong girl"
If you told me I would be a wife, sure...momma, of course, but this?? no way
Yet, this is my life.
This is my reality.
And I have been doing it for three years now.
I grew up knowing just about everyone in town. Always going to my grandma's for the holidays and everybody knowing who my parents were by my looks and personality.
And now, seeing my family is planned in advance, looked forward to for a long time and always way too short.
I miss birthdays, mothers day, and sometimes even Christmas
I have been stretched in areas I didnt even know needed to be strectched.
But He did.
He knew all of this.
And I realize, it is God's story, not mine at all.
This is what I was created for.
And while it is not what I had planned or expected at all I wouldnt have it any other way.
I cherish my family and friends so much more.
...
I have learned to lean on my husband
...
I have learned following God's plan with faith and a trusting heart is more important and fulfilling that following my own and leaning on my own understanding.
This is me
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend.
But most imporantly I am a Christian and while that doesnt mean much to some
It means everything to me.
It is by my faith in God that I am able to be optimistic in dreary circumstances
Raise a son in a world that some are scared to.
Love without fear of getting hurt.
Give grace when I dont want to.
Receive grace when I dont deserve
It is the reason I work hard at everything I do
because I am doing it for a Greater Purpose than this world can fathom
and even I can fathom
I am hopeful at what is to come and yet to be done in my life
It doesnt matter where I live while I am on this earth it is where I go afterwards
That is how my God thinks
My family is not close at hand,
but they are in heart
and someday I sure hope we are all close in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment