These words mean you can:
grab a shower
a nap yourself
clean your house
fold laundry
do your hair
make your bed
clean up cheerios and strawberries from breakfast
call a friend
brush your teeth
etc.
grab a shower
a nap yourself
clean your house
fold laundry
do your hair
make your bed
clean up cheerios and strawberries from breakfast
call a friend
brush your teeth
etc.
It is an hour...sometimes more when you can "get things done"
or at least that is what I do...
You could say it is the light at the end of the tunnel
because you know that when your sweet one wakes he/she will be rested and much happier
You could say it is the light at the end of the tunnel
because you know that when your sweet one wakes he/she will be rested and much happier
Somedays they just dont happen and those are days that I end up on my knees
Weston desperately needs rest and so does mommy
This past year, my first year as a mother I have learned more than the past twenty three years all combined
I have learned a lot about grace
a whole lot about vanity
a lot about breast feeding, making your own baby food and taking rectal temperatures
and i have learned
just
how
little
I
am
in
control
but most importantly
I have learned
Just
how
much
God
IS
IN
I have learned that nothing I do can control the well being of my son and husband
Not a thing
I can take care of them and love them deeply, but God's business is God's business
We are not to question why
I had no control when the doctor's told me I would miscarry Weston
and
and
I had absolutely no control when I was in labor and his heart rate dropped and they thought I was going to lose him without an emergency C-section
But God did
His timing is not only perfect, it is ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME
He new exactly when he needed to intervene and turn grave circumstances into the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced
I know I cant control Weston not liking scrambled eggs
or falling and bumping his head
or who he does and doesnt like
and of course I cant control if he simply doesnt want to take a nap
or how long they are
I can however control a few things
I can put my faith whole heartedly in God's hands
faith that he will intervene and save me when I am failing miserably at being a mom
or when I cant control people being mean
or relationships that I cant hang on to no matter how hard I try
He can and wants to be my savior
my shoulder to cry on
my naptime chat
my rock
and I can rest in that
I know with all that I am that I am never going to be a perfect mom
I can't promise Weston perfection
it isnt me
I can however promise him I will never give up
on being his mother or on him
So, during this naptime I rest easy
Not on "getting things done"
Instead I watch my sweet boy sleep
I am slowing down and savoring this moment
everything else can wait, but this will be gone before I know it
If you are a momma or are just a woman or man with a heart that is heavy and feel overwhelmed I pray you find your encouragement from the Lord
He is truly the only thing that can give you deep true peace
....
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30
....
"He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of stars
and calls them each by name.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
Psalms 147: 3-5
Beautiful! I love you!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Naptimes are so precious...
ReplyDelete