Honestly, I cant believe Mother's Day is this weekend
We wont do much around here, Weston isn't old enough to make me a bouquet of paper flowers or a card with his hand on it (but I cant wait til he can:) But no doubt my sweet husband will make it special, he is good about that.
This is my third Mother's Day if you count the one where I was pregnant with West. Last year was my first with a baby in my arms and this year is my first with a baby in my arms and one in my belly so you could say it is the best yet.
I feel so blessed. SO BLESSED. God has given me way more than I deserve, starting with my husband and then after that His gifts just seemed to pour into my life.
I can honestly say I have never been more content in my life. I love everything about it. Even the hard parts like being away from our families.
It is our life and that is what makes it so great. It is all part of God's perfect plan for our family and for each of us individually and I couldn't be more grateful.
With that being said there are hard days as a mom. Especially a new mom. All the first can get so overwhelming and you really learn how to bend and stretch and work on your patience.
You press on when you before would have given up because you love your children and they have lit a fire in your heart that we cannot even explain in a few short words.
I have learned a lot of lessons... A LOT.
But I must say my biggest one so far and one that I will carry on throughout their childhood and well into their adult years is simple and something God brought to my attention on a very hard day through His Word.
And that is the simple verse,
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:18
So simple, but so big.
I can remember the first time I put this into practice. Weston had had a hard day, so therefore so had mommy. I was just beginning my pregnancy with this baby so I felt awful and had little strength. Cameron was home, it was evening and he was getting ready to go to his softball game.
I can remember I was going through the motions just trying to get Weston to bed so that he would be happy and I could unwind and think of a brighter day the next day.
Bath time turned into a nightmare and he pooped in the bath tub. Just one more straw. I was overwhelmed and exhausted by this point I remember I was just about to break down...there were tears in my eyes and then I remembered the verse.
I began to turn my heavy heart into praise and thank God for the simple blessings and then the big ones and by the time bath was over I had a happy heart and in return Weston in somewhat of a better mood.
Ironically that was the night I needed to change his sheets so while I did that he and Cameron played. Our whole night was turned around simply because I decided to heed to God's word and praise Him instead of complain about something that really wasn't all that bad.
You forget to be thankful when your kids are needing discipline constantly, or are sick and hurting. We forget to be thankful when they aren't doing what we ask or seem to do everything we ask them not to. We forget to be thankful when they are sick; that it isn't much worse.
Sometimes we just forget to be thankful for them.
I know this is something I will constantly be applying my whole life as we raise our children and then as we watch them raise their own. It is something that I will apply to my life forever.
After all we are so blessed. It breaks my heart when Weston is hurting or sick and I think why him? And I forget that there are people facing way worse with their little ones. And that there are women in other countries that simply can do nothing for their sick child. Not even Tylenol.
That night Cameron looked at me while I made Weston's bed and said "You are such a great mom"
Truth is, I am not. I fail daily, but I serve a great God and it is my daily goal (even though sometimes I drift) to serve Him in all I do, especially mothering our children.
He makes me better, He blesses me when I don't deserve it and saves me when I am completely going the wrong direction.
Lord, I thank you for allowing me to be Weston's mother as well as the sweet one you have blessed us with in my womb. My heart is full because you are such a big and wonderful God. Thank you for my mother who was the best. And thank you for all the women in my life who have impacted the woman you are molding me into being. I pray I always follow your will for our family and our children. I pray we honor you with our actions and life. I thank you for Jesus, your son who gave it all so that I can know You and see You someday.
In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Happy Mother's Day to all the sweet Mom's who read here. I hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment