Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day Re-cap

I really did have a great mother's day. My sweet husband did many many things to make it special for me.

He knows my heart and persues it very well.


(The pictures in this post are from yesterday, Weston loves to drive and got to drive daddies truck while we waited for him to pay for lunch:)


Sometimes though reality tries to steal your joy though.

My gift he ordered didnt make it.
The really super cool place we wanted to eat after church was PACKED and you had to have reservations. The next place we went to had an hour wait.
You know...all the little details :)

I didnt care. But he did. He was frustrated and wanted it to be special and it seemed like it was going to hell in a hand basket. But it didnt.

If there is anything being a mother has taught me it's to go with the flow and not put expectationson anything.




My favorite parts of the day were the simple ones that were the offspring of his caring so much and loving me so much.

And I am going to share them here, my remembering place :)

First thing in the morning we woke up to Weston yelling Momma, momma on the monitor. Cameron said "Daddy is going to have to do buddy"

He let me stay in bed.



I didnt go back to sleep; I waited for the dinger on the coffee to go off and about the time I began to crawl out of bed my door was pushed open by sweet boy with a smile on his face.

He wanted me to pick him up and immediately started pointing. He pointed until I rounded the corner in the kitchen and then I realized what he was pointing at, My Mother's Day card :) He knew it was for me :)

Half way through my cup of coffee I called my own momma, my best friend and the woman I always wanted to be growing up. She was busy with each of my nieces, which was an added bonus...getting to talk to each of them on Mother's Day and better yet planning some time with them when I get home.

I previously mentioned the frustration of lunch. I was content to go home, but Cameron wanted to treat me so we tried Longhorn which sounded really good to both of us, but they had an hour wait. So I skipped across the street to Red Lobster and took advantage of their thirty minute wait. It turned into the most wonderful lunch. My favorite part was Weston using his fork all by himself and stabbing his chicken and eating it like a pro. If you are a mom and are trying to teach your little ones something you know how rewarding it is when they get it right :)

Once we were home we napped, all three of us and then after our nap we did something for the first time this year.

We swam.

We filled up Weston's little pool and jumped in. It was pretty cold, but Weston LOVED IT. It was the best part of my day. Seeing him so happy and excited.



He has started this new thing. He is having a hard time going to sleep. I lay him down and then five minutes later he is yelling for me. When I go in he is standing, monkey in arm wanting me to pick him up and hold him. I hold him and sing for a bit and eventually he goes back down. Last night he did the same thing, but when I held him he wrapped his little arm around my neck and i was so overwhelmed with love and pride I cried. I cried happy tears for being a momma and being able to comfort and hold my little one; he felt so good.

I know I am sappy right now, sorry for that. I guess it comes with the territory.

Hope ya'all had a great Mother's Day too!

Cam, thanks for making it so wonderful. I love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails