Good morning lovelies. How is everyone? I am super.
It isn't seven quite yet and I have been up for an hour ;)
My coffee is almost gone and my house smells like my favorite scentsy smell because my sweet friend Charlsie gave me hers because I was out of it :)
My Monday is off to a good start and I think I am ready to wrap up our vacation photos and move on with post from our everyday little simple life down here in Texas.
I really did save the best for last.
This was the highlight of our trip for sure.
Just when you feel like the whole vacation is missing one little thing God swoops in and gives you one big thing to make it the best ever.
We weren't able to hike as much as we normally do, because of weather and what not, but our last day we decided we were going to plunge out there and just do it, so we did.
Lets face it, I am starting my third trimester soon AND we have an eighteen month old, so yes we took all that into consideration and just chose a hike that was a little over a mile each way, to a water fall.
The only thing we had for Weston was a carrier I used when he was smaller and I haven't had him in it since I hurt my back last year. Lucky for us, he is a little guy and still meets the weight requirements.
So anyway, we headed up to our spot, loaded up our baby and our camel back and headed for that waterfall.
There was still snow all over the trail and Weston HATED the carrier.
Cameron had to balance him and help me over the snow...it was a bit challenging at first.
Weston really just wanted momma, but you see, I was already carrying baby sister in my front :)
I tried it (sorry mom) but for obvious reasons it didn't work.
Finally we decided to just let him walk, because that is what he wanted to do. And i tell ya, our little man hiked the whole way up...with a little help from daddy over snow and through things he couldn't get through, of course.
But for the most part he walked the whole way and EXPLORED.
It blessed Cameron and I both tremendously and we left our vacation with very full hearts and a very tired little boy (he slept for four hours straight after the hike)
I couldn't imagine a better way to end our trip. As we pulled out of the park for the last time I was a little sad to let go of all the "last". This way the "last" trip the three of us...etc. But, then the optimistic one inside me began to pull out all the wonderful "new" things ahead and I was grateful and excited. Grateful that God had prepared a way for us to take a little family vacation together (because it was not happening until Cameron's siminar came up) and grateful for a growing family. Weston has enriched and blessed our lives in such a big way I cant even imagine how much joy our sweet girl will add to the mix. And I came home excited, refreshed and ready to embrace each and everyday for the rest of the summer.
And that is what I have been doing. Enjoying every single last minute of one on one time with Weston. These are precious days I will NEVER get back and I have soaked in and cherished every minute of them this past week. I have laughed, cried, and journaled every little detail I want to remember about this special time with him.
I have been enjoying my "mommy" time and my evenings with Cameron when the house is quiet and we talk in the lamplight. All of these simple things that will be a struggle to enjoy for a few months I have been getting my full daily amount of each boy and absolutely loving it.
This may just be the best summer of my life, and I could not ask for more.
That's awesome, what a great post! I love that Weston hiked with you guys, I can totally see Colt wanting to do the same thing!
ReplyDeleteAlmost the 3rd trimester? Wow! Time sure is flying by! So exciting!!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!! I loved getting to see everyone of them :) Every post I read of yours warms my heart! You are one of GOD's "treasured posessions" and it shows in all you do! I love you!
ReplyDelete