We spent this past weekend with some very very great people that we like to call friends :)
When I moved to Austin after we got married I never in a million years imagined the wonderful friendships that would quickly form and sustain.
Cameron had a breakfast meeting in Austin Saturday morning so we were able to tag along and spend some time with our Chrissy and Charlsie, and of course Jackson...and Justin too :).
We started our morning at the Driskill for breakfast with Chrissy. Weston just loves Chrissy and we had the yummiest breakfast and planned on just heading to Charlsie's house, but then we happened upon the Austin Farmer's Market.
Weston loved this guy playing on his...drum? I guess you would call it? That little boy next to him was really dancing a jig ;)
They had everything you can imagine and had I had some cash on me I could have really done some damage.
Like this flower...
It was SO HOT, so we ended up at Walton's Fancy and Staple.
A cute little delicatessen that opened right before we moved away.
It is SO CUTE on the inside! It has a deli, coffee bar and in the back there is a florist.
I wanted to load up those sunflowers and bring them home with me!
Then, after that we headed to Justin and Charlsie's
After a lunch of pizza and quick nap (those boys were ready to play:) we headed to the pool.
Jackson showed us all the things he has been learning at swimming lessons and Weston and I practiced them.
He loved the water and even wanted to lay on his belly and kick his legs!
The daddies came too...
After swimming we headed back to the house and grilled fajitas. Chrissy and Drew came over and joined us and we had a nice relaxing evening just catching up.
It was great.
When I got home on Sunday this picture was in my inbox from Chrissy.
I didn't even know she had taken it, but I love it.
Such a sweet time with our boys and I am thankful she captured it for us :)
Then, this morning I read this verse:
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
1 Peter 4:8-10
I immediately thought of our friends in Austin and how gracious they are. Justin and Charlsie are wonderful hosts and Chrissy gifted me with this picture on top of a morning full of wonderful memories. The weekend was full of little gifts both material and spiritual, and I am thankful for all of them. What a great weekend full of fellowship and fun!
PS. Speaking of friends. I have tried and tried to post comments lately on ya'all's blogs, but for some reason it wont work and hastn workd since before we left for Colorado. I am not sure what is going on, but I just wanted to say, thank you all for your sweet comments regarding our vacation and that I have been enjoying everyone else's summer post SO MUCH... whether they are about church camp :) or blueberry muffins. I love them!
:) LYSS, I LOVE YOU A TON!! I changed some of my settings a couple of months ago. I switched them back so maybe you can post comments now :)
ReplyDeleteI just love how you take pictures of everything, it's inspired me to do the same! That's so weird about not being able to comment, Nel was having the same problem, but I haven't ran into any issues. I changed some of the settings on my comments, so maybe it will work again. I love that last photo, it's just too sweet!
ReplyDelete