"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"
Phil 4:6
I was talking on the phone with my mother in law yesterday after my doctor's appointment and she asked me if I was nervous (about Ally) and I said no, I guess you could say I am anxious.
And then, the rest of the day the above verse kept rolling through my head.
To be honest, I think we all thought our little Lady would be here by now :)
I have never been pregnant this long before, I had Weston eleven days early.
But strangely enough, I am not super "just get this baby out" or anything like that.
I am indeed anxious.
I am so anxious to meet her.
So anxious to see Cameron melt for her.
So anxious for our family to get here.
So anxious to bring her home and start this new season of life as a family of four.
And I am really really anxious to see Weston as a big brother.
Yesterday, after his nap we sat in the recliner and looked at his photo album. The first page was one of me and my belly before we left for the hospital.
He pointed at it and jabbered to me. I explained to him that that was him and that tiny baby was him and that is how baby sister, Ally will look.
He shrivels up his nose and jabbers and looks at me like I am talking crazy.
For the record he does the shriveled up nose thing a lot, for most things.
So we will see. I think it is kind of cute baby sister is taking her time and not coming on anyone's expected date. Lord help me if she is independent like me...oh my.
.......
.......
I am up early today because I have my bible study. And can I just say what a blessing that has been so far.
I am not exactly sure how I will go with a tiny baby, but we can worry about that later :)
Right now I am enjoying the fellowship and teaching so much.
The first day I was completely convicted of some things and I cant wait to see more of what God is going to teach me.
Other than that we are home.
The heat is breaking here and fall is peeking around the corner.
I am not quite ready to buy a pumpkin yet, but I was ready for apples.
Everyday I take inventory of what needs to be picked up at the store and I think this is about to drive Cameron nuts. Thank goodness he is patient with me :)
I am in the "I think this needs to be done right away before the baby comes mode"
Saturday I decided I needed two comfy places to rock our babies so we rearranged the living room.
Once again thank goodness Cameron is so patient :)
.......
Saturday I decided I needed two comfy places to rock our babies so we rearranged the living room.
Once again thank goodness Cameron is so patient :)
.......
I clean and pick up everyday.
I do whatever laundry has accumulated everyday.
I clipped Weston's fingernails and laid out his big brother outfit for the hospital.
I cant wait to bring her "home".
So, while I am anxious I am also super busy. And when I flat out get tired of cleaning the same things over and over I take a break and do simple projects (the kind that dont consume half the house:)
Like her countdown calendar.
I made the magnets last Friday while Weston was napping.
And I made other ones too for our picture collage on our fridge.
It makes me smile.
I am not doing a whole post on what I wore and all that this week. Because I am tired and didnt have the heart for taking extra pictures.
But I did have Cameron take a few tonight just in case this may be my last week of being pregnant.
But I did have Cameron take a few tonight just in case this may be my last week of being pregnant.
So, that is what I have been up to.
Just doing all those things moms think that are absolutely necessary before their babies arrive.
Like washing your purse and making sure your oldest has plenty of milk :)
Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patience... pretty sure I needed this post too ;o) You look amazing! Your house is too cute - always!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the phone call!!!
Love you!
~Nel
Once again...thank you for encouraging me. While reading this post I was reminded of the first moment I see Lincoln holding one of our new babies, and the sight on Hunter with Graysen...I can't wait to see that x4 this time!! Ohh, today, I'm excited for this new baby. I want you to know that God is using you to help me through...thank you Alyssa.
ReplyDelete